• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Poll Time -Xbox 360 or PS3

Which should I buy [read thread first]

• Xbox 360

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
I think I am leaning more towards the PS3. It just makes more sense to me. I do not game much, at all. I really just want it for sports games and GTA4 and maybe casual gaming. I also really loved SOCOM series back on PS2 so would probably look into that. Free online gaming with most games is a big plus.

I rent a ton of movies via Netflix and would love to have a bluray player, and that in my mind, makes the $50 difference between it and the 360, worthwhile.

PS3 has messages, private chat, HD content free downloads, and I'm not sure what the rest are. It has free playable demos of upcoming & released games; I'm not sure if that's the same as Upcoming XNA community downloads.
Demo's etc etc is there. You must know XNA yeap? Well basically all the games which people make can be placed on the market place this coming year.

Make the better choice Matt, don't listen to a bios community. GTA IV will have two exclusive chapters on the 360. Another reason. If you just want a cheap Blu Ray player go PS3. That's what it's for.

Hardly a biased community, XBOX is winning the poll by quite a bit

Exclusive chapters for GTA4? Tell me more.

i like both systems, but, i own a 360. BR is great, but, there are major discounts on HD now, and that is sweet since 360 plays them, and normal dvd's too. both have great graphics. i lean a little more towards the 360 though.

Demo's etc etc is there. You must know XNA yeap? Well basically all the games which people make can be placed on the market place this coming year.

Make the better choice Matt, don't listen to a bios community. GTA IV will have two exclusive chapters on the 360. Another reason. If you just want a cheap Blu Ray player go PS3. That's what it's for.

If you look at BluRay players on the market, PS3 is cheapest & best just for that.

Saying it's mainly a cheap BluRay player is simply ignorant. It's much, much more than that.

i like both systems, but, i own a 360. BR is great, but, there are major discounts on HD now, and that is sweet since 360 plays them, and normal dvd's too. both have great graphics. i lean a little more towards the 360 though.

HD discounts are clearance.. no new titles will be released on HD-DVD.

Last edited:
If you look at BluRay players on the market, PS3 is cheapest & best just for that.

Saying it's mainly a cheap BluRay player is simply ignorant. It's much, much more than that.

HD discounts are clearance.. no new titles will be released on HD-DVD.
You're right. It is more than that. Other systems just out perform it.

I have a xbox 360 which I did vote for in the poll, But seeing as I do not have a PS3 im not going to pass too much judgment because I`d quite happily have one of those aswell.

Well, in a strange turn of events [which may or may not have had anything to do with a certain game involving zombies and a mall], I bought an XBOX 360. Majority wins I guess.

Soo...XBL names anybody?

I hear Final Fantasy comes out on the PS3 and not the XBox

PS3. End of.

PS: I have an XBox elite. Rising Dead gets boring after awhile, and all first person shooters are better on the PC anyway. Only the RPG's/platforms are good for consoles.

I bought Dead Rising and Cod4. I am very impressed with Call of Duty. I jumped online and started playing and it was a blast.

Anyone interested in playing some COD with me, hooges8 is the XBL name

I got COD4 this morning before I went to work, I traded my burnout paradise and some cash to get it.

Planning to play a little later this evening.

Back