• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PoundHost.com

MaT22

PoundHost.com seem to offer some great plans, one of them is for a dedicated server:

NEW DELL R200: Intel DualCore Xeon X3065 2.33Ghz
1333Mhz FSB (Front Side Bus)
Brand New DELL R200 Rackmount Chassis
2048MB 667Mhz RAM
160GB SATA HDD
Choice of Linux OS or Windows (additional charge)
10000GB Monthly Transfer
Up to 16 IP Addresses
Full duplex 100Mbits internet connection
99.9% Uptime SLA with compensation for any downtime
Monthly Contract!
Free 10GB network backup service so you can be sure your data is safe
Free reboots as required
24h onsite technical support included
Just £70 + VAT - Order Now — Additional prices

Same day setup (if ordered before 4pm - Mon-Fri)

To me this plan seems to be great and quite cheap, but has anyone had any experience with them? Are they reliable? They look as if they are overselling their bandwidth but if not then this is a great deal.
Would a server like this be enough for a beginning Web2.0 site?

Edit: Also, are these packages managed?

If something seems too good to be true it probably is.
Why would you need a dedicated server for a beginning website?

If something seems too good to be true it probably is.
Why would you need a dedicated server for a beginning website?

Well not exactly me, a friend of mine. :) And he was planning to create quite a few sites, but this is probably not going to happen.
I would use this to host people/customers from the UK in the future, but as it seems unreliable I came here to ask.

i think i've just found where to host next :):idea:
lol, thats my host :D, anyway thanks for the feedback on the host, seems to be reliable and offers quality service.
Does anyone know if the packages are managed? Or would I need to manage them myself? And also the location of the servers?
Cheers.

the main domains IP comes back as being located in the UK.
the different packages say where they are hosted.
you get 24h support though, but they aren't small, so they would probably charge you for installation etc.

PoundHost Internet Services Ltd has recently undergone a massive expansion plan, which included the building of a second new data centre

sounds promosing :)

Been with PoundHost for around 6 to 7 months now (Might be more, cannot remember).

Incredible support if during the day, speeds are great, hardware is new (Or newish).

Well worth it.

Been with PoundHost for around 6 to 7 months now (Might be more, cannot remember).

Incredible support if during the day, speeds are great, hardware is new (Or newish).

Well worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any idea on how fast the speeds are in USA? Since I'm in the UK, I can't really check this out because they are located in the UK.

Pings will always be better in the country the servers are hosted. Any clients from the USA will have a higher ping if they were to ping a UK server, but it shouldn't really be anything to worry about unless they're for game servers etc.

Back