• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Prices For Web Design

Loonister

I'm opening a company called Blind-Designz and I want to know how much you would be willing to pay for web design.. I don't want to under- or over- price the designs. The designs will be custom and I was thinking about maybe $15 per design (since we are only starting). I would also like to know if other design companies put their layouts into HTML for their clients. If anybody could help me it would be mucho appreciated. :D

Last edited:
$15 sounds like a good price...
Be sure to post the URL when you're all up and running.

Yes, most people I have dealt with put their layouts in HTML. That's the only way to go ;)

I used to work with a design company to make from the design an entire huge site with PHP backend, and we charged $100 per design and $250 for an entire site with backend scripts custimized, and $50 per extra script other than 2 scripts that came for the $250.

I have seen some people pay even more. I wont be posting a link. Since this is not an advertising thread, just an info thread. Please do NOT PM me about it, i want nothing to do with that company.

$15 sounds like a good price...

Hi, mate, $15 is not enough for my rent, If i do this with such price, I'd better sleep outside with homeless people and steal a student card so I can get in computer rooms of my Uni for free.

:D

Charge a fair price per hour you spend working on it. If it is something that will take more than an hour...you are getting ripped if you charge $15. You should try to make your rate at least $15/hour.

The enter page is sheer crap but I haven't any time for a enter splash right now...but www.blind-designz.com , tell me what you think of the layout.. Then tell me the price you would pay for something similar...or better..than it..:)

loonister,

can you design another layout? all your sites look similar, nothing special. they use the same photoshop effects.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hosting-PP
loonister,

can you design another layout? all your sites look similar, nothing special. they use the same photoshop effects.

I will when I get the time...thanks for the feedback...:)

I've decided to make Blind-Designz.com a site where people can get FREE custom designed layouts. I also created a new layout (Link Here). I'm also going to have free stock photos on the site. The site should be up by tomorrow or the day after, thanks to all that gave me their ideas.:D

Blind Designs?

No offense, but I wouldn't want a company called "blind designs" to design a site. I mean "blind" ?? come on now!

Originally posted by Hosting-PP
loonister,

Maybe it's time you get away from that mac.com design?

my neighbors (which are proffesionel webdesigner) are making websites for at least 2000€ upto 20000€

Last edited:
Maybe it's me, but I can't read your navigation/logo at all. I had to get right up on the monitor to read what it said. Not enough contrast in the colors of text and background color.

I'm charging my clients £25 an hour - approx $55 an hour (US) - for per hour work - normally under 2-3 hrs work a time.

For a basic one page template I normally charge £175 - approx $400 (US)

I can see from your website you have the ability, maybe lacking abit of creativity, but surely you should charge at least something for a template, as your offering them for free.

Free doesn't work for web templates, once there free, people expect free all the time, once you start charging your clients they will leave and find another free source.
If you are serious about web design, setup a fixed pricing spectrum (low or high - upto you) - if not you won't get anywhere, and won't be able to support your life (cash flow wise)

(above is from my experiences)

This all depends on your age, and where you live etc, let me know more . . . . (if your still living with your parents it doesn't really matte to much - except the fact you done something for someone and you want some reconigition for it - ie - $Cash)

Originally posted by benoitb
in all honesty your site looks like hell, and you use frames
your website title in red is hard to see, bad font choice....
it is honestly horrible.

http://dataracks.net/_beta/ (preview)
NOW THAT IS A REAL SITE! :D

Either that's some sort of template or that site looks exactly the same as Scope Host's old site.

Back