• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

problem accessing router

Kratt

I have an ADSL modem and a wireless router. Suddenly this morning, when I connect to the wireless router I cannot access the Internet. from the computer I can see my wireless router set up, it has the IP address assigned by the ADSL router. But I cannot access the ADSL router setup page via the IP address.

I can access the Internet via the ADSL router directly, but not through the wireless router. However everything seems to be fine with the wireless router.

Have you tried to set the connection to a static ip for your wireless with appropriate dns servers entered etc? Normlly if you have a connection and can ping a site but the site will not come up within a web browser then its usually dns settings for that machine..

the modem is ASUS AM604 as 192.168.1.1
the wireless is WRT54G Firmware Version: v4.21.1 as 10.10.10.1
PC is 10.10.10.100

I use a static IP for my wireless, with the DNS entered as the modem. This is how it has always been and was working until today. I was able to ping the modem too, just not access its Web-based set up.

Last edited:
That worked! thanks. it changed my subnet tho, and I changed it back to original values and it's still working, so..

Look on the bottom of the WRT54G for version and get the firmware update too - had probs with one of mine due to that - but make sure and get the right hardware version update.

hi. it's frizzed out again, and this time even http://linksys.com/easy couldn't fix it.
it gets the part where the wifi can't access the internet, says to repower the modem, and can't go on...

Don't use that - doesn't work. Get files manually, make sure it is the right hardware version (it's on the lable) DO NOT go for a higher version, follow the instructions, yada, yada...

Connect using an RJ45 cable update the router (runs in windows), reboot it, then connect to the control panel.

My hardware ver is 2.2 I got the firmware for that hardware ver and updated - btw its the same ver as it was running fine for the last month or so. Firmware ver was 4.21 or sth. I don;'t think I had a choice of getting older firmware? Is that was you're suggesting?
Update completed fine, but still not fixed.

Are you able to connect if you set your ip to static instead of a dynamic ip? What all have you done thus far outside of running the easy app?

I am using a static IP.
I have tried easy, firmware, 'hard reset' to defaults, giving the wrt a static IP on the router/modem.
Now I:m working off a cable to modem.
Wrt can't see modem whether I'm in wifi or cable.

Back