• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Project Natal

Wow, that's actually pretty nice! Hard to achieve, but would completely (or almost) destroy wii-motion xDDD

Once again microsoft purchased someone out and claims it all as there own haha..

Its interesting however I really wonder how much of that will really work and come to life? Hopefully it all but something tells me theres alot of smoke and mirrors on it. Theres no camera out in the market that works properly. theres so much lighting etc.

I dunno how well it will work with the available technology, but I think that looks pretty awesome. It'd even be kinda cool if it were on your computer or something.

This is a huge step into AI utilizing such technologies, the next step would be to integrate said character (Milo) with the Operating system, being able to have him find websites for you, or files for you, which you touch and they open.

This stuff is amazing and REALLY could be powerful stuff!

What is required for AI,
The ability to "think" or execute processes by it's own
The ability to recognize shapes and objects
The ability to communicate with another item, or person
The ability to recognize it's user or whom ever is in front of it.
The ability of control and growing it's knowledge database, also known as Learning!

If Microsoft play their cards right, this Milo, this VR game could be a massively serious step towards ultimate computer user interfacing and improve the whole world's standard of computer operating!

I am seriously impressed, and would love to see said item grow to such a point that it could surf the web for us, recognize what is REAL information, and what is bull----. Think about it...
A computer that can research complex tasks for us, and present the correct answer... A computer that could answer MANY near impossible questions. A computer program with the capacity to learn everything, that anyone has ever known and put on the net. This is almost unbelievable to the extent of the jump towards creating a real computer program that can be so much like a real person, but without the physical limitations!

been there....
done that....

EYE TOY

Official Site

they just removed your photo and put an animated character...

Bill Gates is dying to stay alive in the market :D
As with what Glenn said. Seems Microsoft are starting to change, and prove the nay-sayers wrong. Yes they have done the Eye-toy before, but that is NOWHERE near what that video predicts this to become. I think Microsoft will do it, and do it well. I played eye-toy once, it was pretty crap.

Oh also, Bill doesn't want to stay in the game, he's not even the CEO of Microsoft.

com'on man, it's the same exact idea nothing more nothing less, you played the Eye-Toy it's exactly the same (but a little bit advanced)

did you play Bowling with Eye-Toy?
man you had to run and move your whole body to shoot! that's exactly the same of this thing, no difference!

i'm not saying this thing is $tupid, or bad, no it's great, it's really really great, but i'm not attracted enough as it's exactly like something i already experienced before like 4 years, the only change (i repeat) is by not showing my image on the screen, instead i'm a character.
P.S i'm talking in general, for this internet girly clothes this is new, but the whole idea is old.

Oh also, Bill doesn't want to stay in the game, he's not even the CEO of Microsoft.
lol i just wanted to bash on him man for no reason :D

There is a huge difference though. Eye took takes a image from the webcam (That's all it is) displays it on the screen, then uses software to determine where you are situated by using light. There are programs that have done this before eye-toy for your webcam, that isn't really that advanced or exciting.

This however uses sensors. Right away it's more advanced.

for those of you who didn't know about the Eye-Toy, it's a cam you plug it into your PS2 USB and put the cam above your tv, then you gain control of everything (of course with special games designed for that Eye-Toy)

here's a video showing what's on Tv, the player is facing the Tv and interacting with his whole body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNJwk9Z4ds

i know i know it looks $tupid, but hey, this was before maybe 6 years (or more) and it's the same deal as this one, again only they developed the idea.

here's another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMWrRgWG8s&feature=related

Never the less, I am more interested in the AI side of it, Milo.

This is what the world will need. To speak to their computer and their computer to understand them!

I believe that Microsoft can do it, especially with the resources it has!

for those of you who didn't know about the Eye-Toy, it's a cam you plug it into your PS2 USB and put the cam above your tv, then you gain control of everything (of course with special games designed for that Eye-Toy)

here's a video showing what's on Tv, the player is facing the Tv and interacting with his whole body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNJwk9Z4ds

i know i know it looks $tupid, but hey, this was before maybe 6 years (or more) and it's the same deal as this one, again only they developed the idea.

here's another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMWrRgWG8s&feature=related

Generally the intention is to develop ideas. What else are you going to do with them?

Back