• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Protecting your PC

What Security/Privacy precautions do you use?

• Disable File Sharing

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Personal Firewall

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Anti-Virus

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Anti-Trojan

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Disable 3rd party cookies (from adverts)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Javascript/Pop-up/Advert blockers

• Spyware remover (ie Adaware)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Anonymous proxy (hide your IP)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Disable ActiveX

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • None of the Above

• Total voters
I don't need much for security measures on my PC. I use an Anti Virus program but, other than that I don't use any other security settings or software.

Since I am only using 56 K dial up modem I don't go online much but, to check email or occasionally download virus and OS updates.

HGW = "Security whats that?" :)

No Firewall, No Anti-virus, no anything :rolleyes: Maybe I should download a firewal now that I am connected fast :$

I don't have an antivirus installed...I had PC-Cillin 98, but it doesn't work for 2000, so I am unprotected. And it seems all the anti-virus programs require ugrading like once a year...not worth it. Although I did get a virus a while back, I used antivirus.com's home scan thing to find the infected files, and deleted them myself. Unfortunatly it sent itself to everyone on my address book already...oh well.

I do use a Firewall though. Sygate Personal Firewall. And AdAware.

My computer is a client on a network... the server computer uses a router, Sygate Firewall, and Adaware.

I use Zone Alarm Pro, and Adaware. I also have Norton Utilities.

I use an Anti-Virus program (set to check incoming mail and to auto update every 5 days), a firewall and I run adaware every few days.

Back