• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Proxy service

kunal

I provide a proxy service, so all the hits that come to my page, are from my site itself. Meaning, some-one comes to my site and types in a URL, and the url is loaded under my site name. Something like anonymizer. Which advertising firm would be the best for this service? Considering that when they would check there logs, all the hits would be coming from one site, in-turn making them think that I am running meta-refresh or something.

Should I worry about this or what?

On the page where you type your URLs would be before they went through your proxy so that would be allowed. Then modify the frameset (I'm guessing this is how you'll do it) in the script to make one page go through the proxy (the URL they wanted) and the other to stay at your site and load an add frame.

eg. After they type in URL and submit...
Code:
| (USING PROXY)   |

Can't really explain it well, but I hope it helps.

Hi,
Yea.. you hit the nail on the head. Thats exaclty whats gonna happen. I get about 10000hits a day. Which CPM plan is good?

also, while having the adbar, why not put a link there back to the site... That way you don't need the refreshing meta tag to get more impressions

Adflight lets you refresh a certain amount of times in so many minutes. But any service should let you put a banner in a frame, assuming it's being used within their TOS. Like those who use hidden iframes and such.

It'd probably be best in your case to email support and find out.

[Edited by usr on 12-05-2000 at 12:09 PM]

Also kunal, you may want to use searchtraffic or searchbucks to get searches through your portal. Think about it people can surf & search annonymously... and you earn 6c for the later. ;)

search anonymously?
that'd make all the searches go through the same ip... They'd probly figure you're cheating...

Just do regular search...

Hmmm... good point there Cheap Bastard!
Hmmmmmmm... maybe just lie? have the adbar (not in proxy) and have the searchbox there and claim that it's anonymous...
or they might assume that! So it woudn't even be lying!

Well...

Why not just say anything at all and not have to lie about it... Maybe they'll assume it's proxy search... But you never said so so you don't lie.

Back