• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PSD Splicer needed

Robert

NLC
NLC
I'm about to finish a very simple design in Adobe Photoshop that I need someone to splice up and convert to proper HTML/ CSS.

If you can do this, please PM me your name, price and any websites you've done in the past.

Thanks!

I recommend the tool SiteGrinder.

http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder/

It does that for you, generates XHTML Valid code as well. I have been using it for about a month now to do layouts and it delivers great results. It also generates very efficient pages once you play with the settings for a few minutes and is smart about reusing graphics or using text or CSS elements instead of graphics to keep the size of the output down. It does a better job of doing that than some people, IMO.

The demo is free but watermarks your page. It takes about a day or two to learn how to use it pretty well, but once you get the hang of it the results are good. It is expensive if you get the pro version but if you consider how many layouts it can generate for you and how much time it can save you (so you don't have to do it yourself nor do you have to pay people per layout in the future) its totally worth it.

Last edited:
haha, i tried using it and couldn't figure out how to use it! I couldn't find the program to run it or anything.

Hey Robert,

I can do this for you, wont be much of a cost, pm me image so I can see what it looks like so I know the challenge :) typically approx $45-50 to do them.. you can view my design company for our work.

Also added on aim :)

Last edited:
haha, i tried using it and couldn't figure out how to use it! I couldn't find the program to run it or anything.

It's a Photoshop Plugin. When you install it, from within Photoshop You go to "File | Tools | SiteGrinder 2"

They have really good FAQ and Tutorial Section as well.

The way the program works is you name your layers a certain way and it does the rest. For example if you want something to be rendered as text instead of a graphic you add the suffix "-text" to it. If something is to be a button, you add "-button", etc.

You should give it a second chance, as $249 for the professional version isn't that much if you create layouts every now and then since you will probably have to pay someone (and wait for them to do the work) everytime.

I am glad I made the investment. It cuts my website development time from about a week to a couple of days.

Back