• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PSP Go!

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
I was thinking of posting here for a while now, and haven't done it yet. But I want your guyses opinions on the new variation of the PSP: The PSP Go!

• It has a slightly smaller screen,
  • slide out controls,
  • PS Button is now more inaccessible,
  • no brightness/volume buttons,
  • no UMD support (but there is a good will program that sony is making out that will allow one to redeem games for the PSP Go with your UMDs. But it will only work on SOME games (IE: No RPGs I bet.))
  • Micro Memory (M2) Sticks instead of Memory Stick PRO Duos (Your current PSP Memory sticks will not work in the Go unless you already have Micro Memory (M2) sticks.)
  • No replaceable battery.
  • Overall design does not favor big finger'd people.

Yeah, I'm not going to buy it, but I just wanted to know what you people thought. Also, I already know that they plan to continue to sell the PSP 3000 alongside the Go. The Go hits US in October to December. Some stores are already pre-ordering the Go.

I say iPhone 3G S. Reason? You can play lots of games on it, and it doubles as your phone, mobile browser, camera, etc.

• no UMD support (but there is a good will program that sony is making out that will allow one to redeem games for the PSP Go with your UMDs. But it will only work on SOME games (IE: No RPGs I bet.)
Does this mean that you can't use your umd discs that you bought(games and/or movies)?

You have to download the games/movies off of the internet for your PSP Go?:eek3:

[/LIST]
Does this mean that you can't use your umd discs that you bought(games and/or movies)?

You have to download the games/movies off of the internet for your PSP Go?:eek3:

Yes, the PSP Go is UMDless, meaning you have to download everything. Not to mention, the PSP 3000 is to be sold alongside the Go so that people can buy a UMD-compatible PSP if they wish it.

I forgot to mention that the PSP Go has 16 GB of internal flash memory.

I was thinking of posting here for a while now, and haven't done it yet. But I want your guyses opinions on the new variation of the PSP: The PSP Go!

• It has a slightly smaller screen,
  • slide out controls,
  • PS Button is now more inaccessible,
  • no brightness/volume buttons,
  • no UMD support (but there is a good will program that sony is making out that will allow one to redeem games for the PSP Go with your UMDs. But it will only work on SOME games (IE: No RPGs I bet.))
  • Micro Memory (M2) Sticks instead of Memory Stick PRO Duos (Your current PSP Memory sticks will not work in the Go unless you already have Micro Memory (M2) sticks.)
  • No replaceable battery.
  • Overall design does not favor big finger'd people.

Yeah, I'm not going to buy it, but I just wanted to know what you people thought. Also, I already know that they plan to continue to sell the PSP 3000 alongside the Go. The Go hits US in October to December. Some stores are already pre-ordering the Go.

Because that's a completely unbiased list of features.

I haven't really looked into it.

I do know Sony as thinking of a replacement program with UMD's what you got with your original PSP which is good.

It looks like it could set the future of games if done well, the whole download thing.

Back