• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about IkonBoard...

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
A question for anyone who has setup IkonBoard successfully... I set one up on my Tera-Byte account and it looked like everything went okay, but when I tried to log into the Admin panel the first time, I got the following message:

Software error:
Can't find string terminator ")" anywhere before EOF at /home/sites/site42/web/avengersnet/cgi-bin/ikonboard/admincenter.cgi line 247.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Has anyone encountered this and possibly knows how to fix it? I posted this question in the IkonBoard.com forums earlier, but when I went back to check for replies, their board seems to be screwed up as well. It asks me to login, but when I do, it asks again and again. I'm starting to think maybe I should use a different forum. :(

ikonboard is way better than phpbb imo, especially this version 3 that is about to be released...

that has never happened to me though, you might get better help by going to ikonboard's support forums at ikonboard.com

Ikonboard is VERY easy to install... if you upload all the files to their right places and supply the right URLs it basically installs itself... I installed it easily on a hypermart account.

That's one messed up error. Maybe the server doesn't have the right version of Perl? Or did you edit the scripts yourself.

All the scripts are at default... I haven't changed a thing. I don't know what version of Perl they're running, but I would think that since they're a major pay host that they would have the "latest and greatest".

Also I was told how to check the version of Perl and they're running 5.005... IkonBoard only needs 5.004 so that's not the prob. :(

Back