• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about transferring domains from one place to the other

J J

Hi their,

I have a domain at ipowerweb.com but I want to transfer away from them to domainsite.com

Question(s):

1. What is transfering from one place to the other like? could some one explain to me how it is done.
2. When transfering and paying domainsite, will everything be instant? like will the domain tranfer be instant upon purchase via PAYPAL.

Thank you,

-J J

In theory:

Go to www.Domainsite.com, click on transfer a domain (somewhere on the right I believe), and enter the domain. Make sure the domain is unlocked and domainsite should take care of the rest :). It won't be instant though, usually takes about a week.

However all may not go to plan as iPowerWeb are a TERRIBLE company, and DS might just give up on them. Best of luck anyway!

T.M. said:
In theory:

Go to www.Domainsite.com, click on transfer a domain (somewhere on the right I believe), and enter the domain. Make sure the domain is unlocked and domainsite should take care of the rest :). It won't be instant though, usually takes about a week.

However all may not go to plan as iPowerWeb are a TERRIBLE company, and DS might just give up on them. Best of luck anyway!

One Week?? Is there a way of speeding this up? like contacting domainsite support or some thing after purchasing the transfer. Because one week is to long for my domain to hang dry. The longest I can wait is only 3 days. :cry2:

And I agree iPowerWeb is terrible. :)

Last edited:
Firstly you need to check if the domain is unlock and secondly you are the registered contact person to approve the transfer request that you will recieve from domainsite... unless and untill this two thing are done the process will never speed up but still the shortest time frame is one week

Back