• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about transferring my registerfree.com domain name

Rodie

Last April, I registered my domain with registerfree.com during their "free" domain promotion. I want to renew the domain name, but I need to do it at a place that allows you to pay via money order. Registerfree.com doesn't allow you to do this, but as I understand it, they are an OpenSRS reseller. I think I heard somewhere that because of this fact, I can simply chose another OpenSRS-reseller and not have to go through with all the transfer fees and such. Is this correct? And if so, do you know of any OpenSRS resellers that accept money orders?

If not, do you know of any other registration services that allow you to transfer domains, and pay via money order? I checked out that gkg.net place and they seem to only allow credit card payment for transfers.

gkg.net takes MOs

::QUESTION::
does it say on their site that free domains or do you have to look up and such??

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
::QUESTION::
does it say on their site that free domains or do you have to look up and such??

Me and Rodie got ours when they did a ½hour of free one year domains last year. Now they seldom do it at odd times when no one is visiting their site. They don't give free domains as a service. It's good publicity :)

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
gkg.net takes MOs

I know that, but as I already said in my original message, I checked them out and the transfer form they give you (the one you have to fax and such) asks for a credit card #, and there doesn't appear to be an option where you can send in a money order for it. Maybe I'm wrong though...

When I registered a domain through them, the form asked for a credit card number... I left it blank and it gave me an error message, but I simply printed out that form with all the info and mailed it to them with the check and everything went through in a couple of days.

Back