• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question

Meksilon

NLC
Okay, simple question: is this a good deal?

http://smartconsumers.infinology.com/secrethosting.html (never was a referal link, I promise!)

Features:
  • www.yourname.com "Free Domain Name"
  • 9,000 MB RAID Level 5 Protected Storage Space
  • 5,000 POP 3 Email Accounts
  • 50,000 MB/Month Web Traffic
  • Supporting over 5,000,000 hits
  • Perl 5.6 / Full CGI Access / PHP 4.2.2
  • MySQL 3.23
  • Coldfusion supported on Windows 2000 hosting
  • Web Site Studio
  • Master Control Panel
  • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
  • Immediate Emergency Response
  • High-Grade Server Equipment
  • Leading Edge Technology
  • Completely Burstable Bandwidth
  • Easy to Use Advanced Trouble Ticket System
  • Highly-Trained Technical Support
  • Blazing Fast Account Creation
  • 24/7 Network Monitoring
  • 30 Day Money Back Free Trial
  • Network Security Intrusion System
  • Power Backup Generator
  • ...and more...

US$6.95/month I don't see any mentrion of Subdomains or wheather or not I can have a cgi-forum (*droolz* cgi forums....) or support for .htaccess, but it is cheap.

Something tells me with fifty gigabytes of data storage included per month there has to be a catch somewhere :s

Feel free to let me know of any other deals floating around. My key requirements are 99.9% uptime, lots of subdomains and I'd prefer something like $6.95/year (excluding domain of course) :)

=mek=

A NOTE TO JAN: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THESE PEOPLE, PLEASE DO NOT EDIT MY POST AGAIN OR I WILL TALK TO AN ADMINISTRATOR. IF YOU WANT TO TRACE MY IP GO FOR IT, HERE IT IS SO EVERYONE CAN SEE 210.8.79.XXX WHICH IS A GOLDWEB IP (WWW.GOLDWEB.COM.AU) WHO ONLY PROVIDE ACCESS TO CANBERRA. WHAT'S MORE I AM VERY INSULTED THAT YOU EDITED MY POST. MY CURRENT WEBSITE CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://ARACTUS.MARHOST.COM - HECK MY ACCOUNT'S BEEN DELETED!! OH WELL TRY http://meksilon.digitalrice.com/ THAT'S MY OLD ACCOUNT WHICH WAS CANCLED ON THEIR ERROR, BUT AT LEAST IT HAS MEKSILON IN THE ADDRESS.

^ HMM, PERHAPPS NOW YOU CAN SEE WHY I'VE HAD IT WITH FREE HOSTING!!

NOW PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION BEFORE SOME STUPID MODERATOR DECEIDES TO EDIT MY LINK OR POST.

For the love of everything good. I'm sorry, I haven't had a good week, but the fact that you edit the first post I make on these forums in about 3 months is just so insulting and offending I am going to contact an administrator if I can find one, or else someone can contact them for me.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Meksilon

A NOTE TO JAN: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THESE PEOPLE, PLEASE DO NOT EDIT MY POST AGAIN OR I WILL TALK TO AN ADMINISTRATOR.
Please feel free to contact Peo and/or Todd anytime. The fact is that referral links, yours or anyone elses are not allowed anywhere on these forums.

Jan, I know this might sound difficuilt for you to beleive... but it isn't a referal link. I'm not getting paid for it, I'm not even getting anything from giving you the link so that means it is not a referal link. What's more I was sent the link and asked to go to it, so here it is, this time without the "SID=aractus.f2g.net" part, I didn't know if it would work in trunctuated format but it does.

Click Here

Also, you can't find the page without going to it directlyand since this is what I asked about it's what I want an answer for is that so much to ask?

=mek=

PS: I do remember saying that I am not affiliated with them, except of course if you count a web site I opened but never used. Don't assume people are always trying to rip people off with referal links.

<It also takes you there with nothing after .html?>

You don't need the ? either, well fine if I had noticed it was just an html file and not cgi look what do I know what the numbers are for, probably just some statistical junk. I want someone to answer my question please!! Is itr a good deal?!?

=mek=

Last edited:
Glad we got that problem sorted out :classic2:

Somebody posted recently about an affiliate program through infinology, so it sounded warning bells.

If indeed it is a genuine offer, it is a very good one although why anyone would need all that space and bandwith is beyond me. I guess it is offered because they know that the majority of people would never use anywhere near that.

I could find many uses for it ;)

But that depends on their TOS .... ;)

Originally posted by Jan
Glad we got that problem sorted out :classic2:

Somebody posted recently about an affiliate program through infinology, so it sounded warning bells.

If indeed it is a genuine offer, it is a very good one although why anyone would need all that space and bandwith is beyond me. I guess it is offered because they know that the majority of people would never use anywhere near that.

35 gigs space with 50 gig bandwidth for 17$/month I might have just found an offsite back up for my servers. I would like to see someone actually using the 50 gigs bandwidth on there $6 plan and see if they stick to it, But raid powered storage costs a fortune usallly unless its ide but even at that its still costly there selling it dirt cheap.

Back