• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Radeon 9000

Daniel

Megalomaniac
NLC
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Bought the bloody thing and damn...it's working quite nice. I get 99 constant fps in CS! I love this card already. :biggrin2:

How much did it cost? I'm getting tired of random fps levels between 30 and 60 with my TNT2 M64.

Originally posted by Ben

:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:
84 BUCKS???? I think that's about the price of a GeForce 2?!
:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Eh? I got my GeForce 2 MX for $30 CAD. Then I upgraded to this.

Originally posted by Phyxisus
hahah radeons suck a***
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but have you seen screenshots of what the 9700 Pro can do? Beats the shit outta GeForce 4.

And for some reason all the vid cards are priced higher here (Atlanta).

Originally posted by Phyxisus
hahah radeons suck a***

And only a prick would want to buy a GeForce 4 MX440 for $200 CAD.

The Radeon is the best bang for buck here.

Daniel, where did you buy it, and what kind of processor do you have?

I bought a Radeon 32 DDR Le last year, but still only get about 15-25 FPS in CS (although, 40-60 in Quake3). I assume it's my PIII 450 slowing things down, but does anyone think buying an even better card can get me anything, or am I pretty much screwed until I buy a new computer?

/Me gots:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+(clocked at 1700mhz)
ASUS A7V333
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
Maxtor 7200RPM 60GB harddrive
Sapphire Radeon 9000 64MB DDR

All good. :D

I haven't tried any Quake 3 games, yet. And I suggest don't get a new video card unless your going upgrade your motherboard, processor, and hell maybe even the ram.

Originally posted by Daniel
And only a prick would want to buy a GeForce 4 MX440 for $200 CAD.
Not that I would buy a G4 MX440 anyway, but you can get them for $50.

Back