• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

rapidvps.com

not too bad at all from what I seen. I have had a vps for a week or 2, asked a few questions and they are fast.

I do not think I would use a vps for a production environment but it makes a nice sandbox, which is what we are using it for

Yeah, Zealous I'm deciding on whether to buy a VPS from them. But, I have to say their support team is fantastic. I sent a support email and in less then 5mins. and they solved all my questions. I should be buying a VPS from them soon.

RapidVPS *where* good, if you look on WHT there are a load of bad reviews (good too but more bad) on there network but its cheap & that beats quality in most peoples minds.

I have a few VPS with them for backups but I wouldnt host people on them (Thats just my feeling on RVPS).

I would not even consider hosting ANYONE (Even one site!) on a RapidVPS server anymore, they are so slow. But on their defense, their support is amazing.

The only reason I currently use their VPS's at the moment is for training purposes for new and existing staff, and like Craig said, for backup purposes as well.

Oh, slow speed eh... damn. That kind of kills my hope to purchase one of their servers. Hey, Avail is your VPS run slow?

From what I have heard, AvailNetworks VPS's are quite good. But I’ve never used AvailNetworks, ever. Whereas, HostingDepartment are amazing, even if they do advertise 2GB ram, and only give 1 :p

hosting-shack said:
From what I have heard, AvailNetworks VPS's are quite good. But I’ve never used AvailNetworks, ever. Whereas, HostingDepartment are amazing, even if they do advertise 2GB ram, and only give 1 :p

Uh, I don't know where he offers VPSs (AvailNetworks).

Oh, okay. Thanks HS. But they offer prices so high for only a couple thousands of MB.

Last edited:
yeah our vps's are so slow they are non existent :D

I have never been a fan of a VPS for a production environment, call me old fashioned but either get a reseller account with a reliable place or go managed dedicated.

AvailNetworks said:
yeah our vps's are so slow they are non existent :D

I have never been a fan of a VPS for a production environment, call me old fashioned but either get a reseller account with a reliable place or go managed dedicated.

Hey why? VPSs are very popular now-a-days. You can get alot of money/clients from them.

eh, I just never was too excited by the vps technology. It is a neat idea and all but I would rather sell dedicateds and decent sized reseller accounts.

we are undergoing some serious overhauling in the background too and having some new services/announcements in the coming weeks...should be interesting

Back