• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Real Media Streaming

Solus

I am having real difficulty finding a good web space provider that will let me upload .ra and .ram files. I'm trying to do a site on DJ'ing and the files would be of various DJ Mixes. So the file size for the is nornally around 10 meg. Does anyone know of a provider that will let me use the space for this?
Cheers Guys

DJ_Solus

Try Crosswinds ( http://home.crosswinds.net/ ). However, I would strongly advise that you take a look at their policy on media files before uploading or else they could delete your account without prior notice. If you understand that policy (and get your files approved by them beforehand), then you can upload as much as you want; they offer "unlimited" space and "unlimited" bandwidth with "unlimited" file size (one of the few "unlimited" hosts that lets you take full advantage of the "unlimited" space feature). On the other hand, they *currently* place pop-up ads on their members' pages, but it's a good guess they should be gone in about a month.

Crosswinds isn't the greatest Idea to host RealAudio Mixes, I hav tired it. It's not that good. Also their strict on the size fo the file.:(

Originally posted by KNK
They're {Crosswinds} strict on the size of the file.:(

That's a lie. Crosswinds does not limit the size of the file. However, if you DON'T own the copyrights to the real media files you're uploading, you can only upload the first 45 SECONDS of the song (unapproved media files are restricted as to DURATION, NOT TOTAL NUMBER OF KB); this may sound strict, and I know servers who will let you simply upload, no questions asked. However, if Crosswinds prohibits you from uploading a certain file, that's probably because it's ILLEGAL to do so. It would be illegal to upload it ANYWHERE. My advice: Don't try this unless you have a really good lawyer and are as rich as Bill Gates.
As for uploading .ra's and .ram's that you own the rights to or have permission from the copyright holder to do so, you must send them a copy of the permission or proof that you do, in fact, own the copyright BEFORE you upload the media files, not after. If you wait until after you do so, Crosswinds will assume you're a music pirate and will fry your account. For more information, visit Crosswinds yourself, as I'm not an employee of Crosswinds.
By the way, I'm sorry if I've rambled on too much here.

Back