• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

really cheap domains.

I'd rather pay another 1.50 and go with ev1servers. Yahoo require you to create a Yahoo wallet, where they store your credit card details, I don't like the sound of that.

Good thing mr elliot was here to issue the yahoo warning :p

But yea, I used their auction section a year ago or two wich kept my cc on file.
No problems to report, however from a domain buying perspective yea, I wouldt like say godaddy or something to store my card info.

wait so what's the deal?
is yahoo bad as a domain registrar because they put banner ads on all your sites you registered the domains with them for? or because they store your cc on file? or is it actually a good registrar to consider?

yes i know there are cheaper ones to yahoo and all but it's yahoo, it sounds more reliable than anything else.

I think you could trust Yahoo, if you set nameservers, they can't really go putting ad's on your site, and I don't think they would do that anyway. They are running on a loss with this, so it will be first year only, then try and make their money on the second year charging like $10/yr when the offer is over.

Yahoo! Domains
for only $9.95 $4.98
(save 50% per year for up to 5 years)

what does that mean?? For the second year it will be the same price? 4.98$?

nope. if you register it for 5 ears now you will gett it for that price. if you inly take 1 year you will have to pay fullprice after that year

if you have a valid telephone number go to www.1and1.com and sign up for the business package pro plan which is the big banner on the fron of their site. You get 2,000 MB and 60GB I believe it is and domain name and several other features for 6 months free.

Romeo :)

Back