• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Redirection Service for Sale - 2160 Users +

BrianN2V

Hello!

I just wanted to announce that I am selling my redirection service, n2v.net. I currently have an eBay auction going for it, although if you make a good offer I would consider canceling the auction. I have already had offers around $2000 but am looking for something higher. If I got an offer for $3500 you would own the site no questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1683196285

That's the auction's link. Everything about the site is there. As the statistics currently stand, n2v has over 155,000 page views for this month and over 2160 users.

Thanks!
Brian

wow, wzr's got nearly 4 1/2 thousand accounts. didn't know it was worth that kind of money.

wzr? I've talked with some people and they've quoted the site at over 5,000 just because of the ad-revenue potential.

Brian

hmm.. I never heard of n2v.net before, and for less than $3500, I can easily get a better easy-to-remember domain plus the scripts needed to run the whole thing. And I think the ad revenue is poor now.

just my $0.00002.. :D

Instead of selling it to get money you could just be evil and redirect those 155,000 hits to allclicks for $0.03 a unique and get $4,650 :biggrin2: :devious2: .

Originally posted by alien
hmm.. I never heard of n2v.net before, and for less than $3500, I can easily get a better easy-to-remember domain plus the scripts needed to run the whole thing. And I think the ad revenue is poor now.

just my $0.00002.. :D

Alien, you do have a valid point. However, for people that don't want to start websites, they have a ready-made site with an established presence, and a relatively large user base. The service, which will reach about 165,000 hits this month before the day is over, will be a great ad-revenue maker once the economy turns around. Besides, advertising.com offers 3CPM. I confirmed this by talking with a sales rep there.

This 3CPM on 165,000 hits monthly translates into:

165x3 = $495 monthly.

Now, if the service stopped growing, and didn't quadruple in size every few months then the yearly ad-revenue would be $5940. This is if the service stayed at its current user base and hits. With around 150 new users weekly as it stands and that number increasing drastically, you could triple or quadruple those ad-revenue numbers over a year.

That would mean that the service would pay for itself in a few months.

Now, you may think I'm crazy for selling, but I need the money for some starting funds to start a web hosting company!

Thanks,
Brian

Besides, advertising.com offers 3CPM.

Sounds like a great deal. I havn't found any ad-network that would pay anything for ads on our users sites. (I just checked for curiosity :) ).

/Tobbe

Can you tell us what the current income of the website is - what revenue it is currently generating. An effective rate of $3 CPM is a dream, I believe ;)As Tobbe suggested, you will be hard up finding a CPM agency that will take a redirection service on. Not in this market.

I think if you get a sale price of around $1 per member you are doing well!

Best of luck :)

The site is making no revenue at this current point in time.

However, as I stated:

Advertising.com is offering $3 CPM. I confirmed this because I just recently spoke with a sales rep.

This would result in $495 monthly revenue.

If any redirection service out there is looking to acquire new members I would be more than happy to sell the site to a redirection service. One of our sites gets over 50k monthly hits.

Brian

The site is making no revenue at this current point in time.

Ofcourse it is not, the advertising information on your website says that you are using FocusIN AD Networks. I also find it hard to believe this $3 CPM, I have taken a look at your site and the catagory of internet services that it falls within.

Since you have mentioned serveral times about the confirmation of the $3 CPM rate as a potential buyer I need confirmation that such a deal is indeed confirmed and transferable with the new ownership of the company. Standard solid business practices, I am sure that you understand.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I cannot guarantee a rate of $3 CPM with any company.

What I did say was that I spoke with Tim at advertising.com about putting popups on n2v and he told me they do that at a rate of $3 CPM. I'm not going to guarantee anyone that they will get this as a flat, unchanging rate, thats impossible to do. The site is being sold as is with a great potential to make a good amount on advertising revenue.

The focusIN mention on the advertising page is old and outdated, we put a few ads on the main page of n2v, not the users pages that were focusin, but that has been long gone.

Brian

Back