• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

redirection service

I think most people look for framed redirects (no change in address bar) and a short, easy-to-remember URL. Webmasters look for pop-ups that don't intrude into their pages for adverts, adding - quite possibly - to the adverts already on their site from their host.

what you need, is free url forwarding with Meta tags.

Meta tags are important for search engine optimization, other than that, they are usually all the same.

do you need to forward you own domain, do you own a domain name or do you just need "something" to redirect to your site?

Thanks for your replies. Those can be easily accommodated. Following are the features of what I plan to provide (and will appear for sure):

- cloaking
- Redirecting with and without "www."
- META TAG support
- choice of 3 SHORT domains
- stats
- advert - not finalized yet, but considering having no ads

Curious what other features potential members are looking for :)

Umm...why do it if you have no ads? Or will you just have ads on the main site...and lots of them?

I would suggest starting off with no ads, building up a substantial userbase, and then once the cost becomes too much, put some ads up, and you will have hella traffic by then, and lots of money. Hey, this isn't such a bad idea...

Back