• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Registered Companies

AvailNetworks

Greetings
NLC
just a question to all hosting "companies" here. How many of you are actually registered as a business and/or LLC and/or INC ?

thats sort of what prompted my question. I see people here buying reseller accounts abnd before their credit card or paypal even processes they are already blasting plans to prospects

AvailNetworks said:
just a question to all hosting "companies" here. How many of you are actually registered as a business and/or LLC and/or INC ?

can someone tell me what LLC and INC is, and where you would register?

you register at your local goverment place, for business registry, LLC is limited liablity corporation, and INC means incorporated.

I had incorporatetime.com do my llc stuff for my back when I formed Avail Networks, LLC That was just over a year ago. They did everything for me and had it up and running in about 2 weeks for roughly $300

I don't really understand how people do business without even being registered as a sole proprietership in their state......If I am not mistaken isn't that not legal

Yes agreed!, Well for web hosting, using a resellers package, as long as tax isnt used, its legal to sell, as its not doing anything yourself. but yes for someone like you or me, it would be

AvailNetworks said:
I had incorporatetime.com do my llc stuff for my back when I formed Avail Networks, LLC That was just over a year ago. They did everything for me and had it up and running in about 2 weeks for roughly $300

I don't really understand how people do business without even being registered as a sole proprietership in their state......If I am not mistaken isn't that not legal

Well, this is what confuses me about it.
Our server is based in California. I am based in Ireland and ethix in Australia. Therefore, I can't see how I can register in Ireland as a business or in Australia either. My understanding is, the business has to be based in the state that it is being registered in.

might want to have a talk with your lawyer to figure that one out. I think technically you can register your company in california or in the states, but that is definately a lawyer matter

danethicalhost said:
Our server is based in California. I am based in Ireland and ethix in Australia. Therefore, I can't see how I can register in Ireland as a business or in Australia either. My understanding is, the business has to be based in the state that it is being registered in.

Business yes, services, no, I could be in asia, but offer US services, as long as im registered in my home town.

Think of say wendys or other franchises, the main corporation is registered in its home state, and expends as it goes, they dont need a new biz paper work for each one, they just specify were each item/place is.

danethicalhost said:

Nope. You sell a service and make a profit, you have to register, else it's not legal. You can get fined a lot...

hosting-shack said:
Nope. You sell a service and make a profit, you have to register, else it's not legal. You can get fined a lot...

Right. *runs off to get forms*

I guess it's time for me to get registered too! :) I shouldn't really have started anything without getting the legal stuff out of the way!

Back