• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Requring Dedicated w/HyperVM

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
Hello,

Due to our recent provider making a complete balls of a HDD upgrade, we're requiring a node with HyperVM and Openvz or Xen.

We require the following specifications ;

HDD: 160GB +
RAM: 2 - 4GB
Processor: Anything above a Celeron. Preferably dual core.
IPs: 10 +
Remote reboot a must, preferably through a control/billing panel.

The new host must be able to assist with the transfer of VPS' to the new node.

With Regards,
Jason S

Jason,

What is the price range you are looking at? You know where we are getting servers from at the moment, so are you not wanting one through them?

Let me know and I will see what I can whip up.

-Daniel

Jason,

What is the price range you are looking at? You know where we are getting servers from at the moment, so are you not wanting one through them?

Let me know and I will see what I can whip up.

-Daniel

Definitely NOT with them, they mess upgrades big style.
I'm looking for something below $150.00/month!

That is strange about them and upgrades! I haven't had any problems with them on any of my servers there.

Here is what I can do for you from the BurstNET DC then:

Dual Intel Xeon 3.06GHz w/HT

4GB RAM
250GB SATA Hard Drive
2,000GB Bandwidth
15 IPs
Remote Reboot

FREE Setup - $139.95 per month

We will install and configure HyperVM/OpenVZ for you and assist you in transferring existing VMs to the new node, however, after the initial configuration and setup the server will be self-managed.

Please email sales[at]servercomplete[dot]com for more details.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hey,

As much as I do kinda hate BURST, how much is setup fee and what is the price with 2 OR 3GB RAM?

That server will have free setup...

2GB RAM - $124.95 per month
3GB RAM - $132.95 per month
4GB RAM - $139.95 per month

If you don't like Burst and don't want one through LS, check with DedicatedNOW out of FortressITX. I have a couple of servers for my personal stuff out of FortressITX and I love the network!

I have a few machines to offer you, however for security when using hyperVM it is best to have 1 servers as the admin box, that hosts the images etc then the nodes off that. This is just my recommandation however you do not have to follow that.

That is very good advice and would also make the transfer easier. If you could take the current node that you have and continue to use it as your HyperVM master and add a new node as a slave the live migration feature that is built into HyperVM would allow you to move them to the new server much quicker and easier.

Not exactly what I was recommending, I was just recommending to have an small celeron style box (the host dont need to be strong) then have an secondary machine which is the main node.

Just a security thing with hyperVM thats all.. but again OP's choice.

I have lowered the Opteron by $25, if interested let me know I think I saw you add me on msn, if so hit me up were talk. We can also assist in the setup of hyperVm just let me know before hand what needs to be done so i can insure it gets done.

Last edited:
Hi,

We have this server which you may be interested in. Only one of these servers is available and it'll probably get snapped up fast.

Base in Oregon, US
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
2GB RAM
160GB Primary Drive
250GB Secondary Drive
1500GB Traffic
100Mbit Uplink
15 IPs
No remote reboot
£69/month or $139/month

Please PM if interested.

LSComputers said:
Not exactly what I was recommending, I was just recommending to have an small celeron style box (the host dont need to be strong) then have an secondary machine which is the main node.

Just a security thing with hyperVM thats all.. but again OP's choice.
Ligesh from LxLabs suggests that you run HyperVM (master) on a VPS itself, not a dedicated server dedicated to run HyperVM master copy. But many of us (including myself) do not follow his advice.

Coming to the topic. Is it possible for you to see for a server in the European market? Perhaps the Netherlands, may be?

All my servers are hosted at the We-Dare facility and has excellent network as far as peering and transit is concerned.

Let me know if you are interested something similar!

Back