• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review of Zoomcities *bad review*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
I have been a client of Zoomcities for several years. Up until about 12 months ago, I have had little if any problems. Since then however, my website has been down for several days, 3 times (including now).

Support is now nonexistant. I asked for help with a co.cc domain, and not once did I get any real support: http://www.zoomcities.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8156. 10 days before a moderator posted, and the last post said takes up to 48 hours (which I did know) for the domain to configure. As of the 10 days before the Mod posted, the site still didnt config to show the domain.

Recently I asked about the Suspended Site deal. This is not my site, but zoomcities.net itself. No response once again (2 days) nor do I see any announcement on the problem.

What was once a very reliable webhost, has turned into a joke lately. I know some of you will say "Well its free, dont complain". Guess what, they are still a business and should offer professional service no matter who the client is. I have several sites with several hosts, mainly for testing purposes and whatnot so I can and will be moving my site off that server as soon as I can DL an updated version of the site (I dont think I edited anything, but best to make sure)

Well, it's free, don't complain! This would be idiot. :p

Thanks for the review... I'm not going to use them.

Wow, 3 years of providing you with free hosting and this is all you will say in return. That's nice of you.. There is a billing issue going on with the service provider and I have asked them numerous times for months to sort it out, obviously they haven't. I only spend about 1 min a day for ZoomCities right now because I have other high priorities at the moment, but I made sure my staff and moderators covers my absence. That is why we do not provide free hosting that much anymore lately but we do support and retain our existing free hosting members, most of them have been hosted for more than 5 years.. I still pay for 5 ZoomCities server every month and you all benefit from it.

When I finished my other high priority work I will restructure ZoomCities and start providing a better free hosting for everyone. Good on you for telling everyone, well done mate, you probably have plenty of time in your hands, lucky you

Zac

PS: your site has been up and running for free for 3+ years and been down for about 5-7 days in total due to this billing issue.. Now you do the maths..

Last edited:
Zac did you even read the post in full? I stated that up until the beginning of last year I have had little if any probs.

Server billing happened 3 times in 2009/2010. and my site was down for what I still consider a long time, even for free hosting, and still has the suspended page. First was Jan of last year, then Oct last year and now current.

Lastly, there is NO support. On the co.cc domain issue, I sent in a Cpanel support ticket. No response. I posted in the support forum on 10/21/09. No response by anyone related to Zoomcities until 10/31/09, and that was myself asking "Where the hell is support?"

Now I understand that people have priorities in life. Hosts as large and long standing as Zoomcities should have some sort of Support team, as no one should expect to run it alone. This quote" Good on you for telling everyone, well done mate, you probably have plenty of time in your hands, lucky you" is out of line. I dont have plenty of time, I just notice things when online.

Zac did you even read the post in full? I stated that up until the beginning of last year I have had little if any probs.

Server billing happened 3 times in 2009/2010. and my site was down for what I still consider a long time, even for free hosting, and still has the suspended page. First was Jan of last year, then Oct last year and now current.

3 yrs of uptime and a total of 1 week downtime (through out the whole 3 years) you consider a long time? Seriously? For a Free Hosting??

Lastly, there is NO support. On the co.cc domain issue, I sent in a Cpanel support ticket. No response. I posted in the support forum on 10/21/09. No response by anyone related to Zoomcities until 10/31/09, and that was myself asking "Where the hell is support?"

We are doing this for free, we dont get paid, we dont benefit, you do, all volunteer work from people who have other things to do in their lives. If you were not happy with the support that time, why didn't you move provider? I bet even paid hosted members from other hosting companies doesn't complain as bad as you, a free hosted member

Now I understand that people have priorities in life. Hosts as large and long standing as Zoomcities should have some sort of Support team, as no one should expect to run it alone.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we are not giving away free hosting lately due to the whole staff have more priorities at the moment, but you can see how hard we are still working in maintaining all the existing free hosting members. We have been upgrading the servers, paying for bills, getting in touch with one another if problems occured and resolving these problems ASAP.

This quote" Good on you for telling everyone, well done mate, you probably have plenty of time in your hands, lucky you" is out of line. I dont have plenty of time, I just notice things when online.

Well you do have plenty of time in your plate or else you wont be making this rant. Thats my opinion.

Anyway, I have emailed the DC about unsuspending our hosting account and gave them my CC info once again. Once its unsuspended you can get all your data (they are still there) and you can move on.

I apologize to the public for my attitude towards this, I just find this thread unnecessary since we are providing hosting for free and we still get the sheets from ungrateful people.

Sain Cai, I suggest you live by your signature if you are expecting more from a free hosting, let me quote

Boo hoo to those who give bad rep because you ask for far too much with nothing in return. Get real or go paid!!

Good luck

Zoomcities hosted a personal account of mines back a couple of years ago for about 12 months and over that period I had nothing but a pleasurable time there and the staff were real friendly.

Account is still active im sure, but a weeks downtime as Zoomcities says isn't really bad atall considering it is a free host, im sure some paid hosts are worse.

Try messaging Zoomcities on here if you have a problem as Im sure he would help.

Wow, 3 years of providing you with free hosting and this is all you will say in return. That's nice of you.. There is a billing issue going on with the service provider and I have asked them numerous times for months to sort it out, obviously they haven't. I only spend about 1 min a day for ZoomCities right now because I have other high priorities at the moment, but I made sure my staff and moderators covers my absence. That is why we do not provide free hosting that much anymore lately but we do support and retain our existing free hosting members, most of them have been hosted for more than 5 years.. I still pay for 5 ZoomCities server every month and you all benefit from it.

When I finished my other high priority work I will restructure ZoomCities and start providing a better free hosting for everyone. Good on you for telling everyone, well done mate, you probably have plenty of time in your hands, lucky you

Zac

PS: your site has been up and running for free for 3+ years and been down for about 5-7 days in total due to this billing issue.. Now you do the maths..
What you could do is STOP blaming your clients.

If more support is needed.. then GET more support. I'm sure people are willing to volunteer or provide support for free.

I'm sure people love the services you provide... but it is never good to just blame your customers. If there was a problem on your end.. state it. Don't blame others for it or for what they say....

What you could do is STOP blaming your clients.

If more support is needed.. then GET more support. I'm sure people are willing to volunteer or provide support for free.

I'm sure people love the services you provide... but it is never good to just blame your customers. If there was a problem on your end.. state it. Don't blame others for it or for what they say....

You live in Canada and you dont understand english?? Just where exactly in that statement did I blame a client or a member? I was purely explaining things and giving analogies. Get your fact straight before saying something, you're emabarrasing yourself..

Read your first reply here. A VERY rude message to your customer.

Thank god I'm not being hosted with you or I'd kill myself.

Read your first reply here. A VERY rude message to your customer.

Thank god I'm not being hosted with you or I'd kill myself.

Read the thread and issue well before you make comments, obviously you dont understand the situation and he's not my customer, he's not paying us any cent and I am not demanding any payment for the free hosting we are providing, we are doing this to help people. 3 years uptime, 1 week downtime and he's complaining in public? A little use of common sense would help... for his part and yours

I doubt very much you dont make money out of this host or atleast break even, stop playing the victim and listen to what people think of your host.
or not, who gives a ---- your the one that will lose out when everyone leaves.

You say you "dont have time" but you seem to have alot of time to agrue about this, if you didnt have time, logic says its 100 times easier to just say
"we have all been real busy, sorry about the delays but we are planning to reshape the host bla bla bla"
the end, but noooo someone with no time is setting here wasting time pissing people off.
oh ok.

I have alot of respect for you Zoomcities mainly because of the service you once provided, regardless of the customer paying you nothing or $1000 they are still your customer and keep your buisiness running.

Thats a very blunt way to speak about a client saying they are not a customer because they dont pay.

I doubt very much you dont make money out of this host or atleast break even, stop playing the victim and listen to what people think of your host.
or not, who gives a ---- your the one that will lose out when everyone leaves.

You say you "dont have time" but you seem to have alot of time to agrue about this, if you didnt have time, logic says its 100 times easier to just say
"we have all been real busy, sorry about the delays but we are planning to reshape the host bla bla bla"
the end, but noooo someone with no time is setting here wasting time pissing people off.
oh ok.

Believe it or not, I dont make money from hosting. I dont depend on hosted members to survive, they can stay if they want, they can leave if they want. I am just trying to help them out. I was once in their stage too, I know how its like. I pay for all 5 servers out of my own pocket. Although I use those servers for other purpose but I am not generating any income from ZoomCities Free Hosting, take note of that. I am providing free hosting again to help people, free hosting with no annoying ads, I have been doing this for so many years.. Downtime happens, we are not perfect, our datacenter is not perfect, but I don't expect this kind of rant from the OP for a total of 1 week downtime in his 3 years being hosted with us.. That is my point.. I dont want him to be greatful, I dont expect any testimonials I just don't like these kind of people who rant out for this kind of things.

And yes I have limited time, I have a day job, I have a freelance job and I have a family. I am only spending 2 mins replying to your msg.

I have alot of respect for you Zoomcities mainly because of the service you once provided, regardless of the customer paying you nothing or $1000 they are still your customer and keep your buisiness running.

Thats a very blunt way to speak about a client saying they are not a customer because they dont pay.

Jordan you have been hosted with us, you know ZoomCities is not a business, its a community that offers free hosting to members.

Definition of client, 2nd line.. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define:+client&aq=f&aqi=g2g-s1g2g-s1g4&oq=

We dont treat free hosted members as client, they are hosted members and being hosted for free, I am not asking anything in return, I just want them to enjoy the free hosting we are providing, if problem happens, they dont have to rant in public about it, no ones perfect.

We dont treat free hosted members as client, they are hosted members and being hosted for free, I am not asking anything in return, I just want them to enjoy the free hosting we are providing, if problem happens, they dont have to rant in public about it, no ones perfect.

I am sorry but if you fell this way why did you start free hosting?

You sound like 99.9% of free/paid hosts on here it dose not surprise me but still a free or paid is still a client at the end of the day a should be treated like a paid client as they make what your company is.

The soon as you and most hosts on here realize this the better your company will be.

Last edited:
I am sorry but if you fell this way why did you start free hosting?

You sound like 99.9% of free/paid hosts on here it dose not surprise me but still a free or paid is still a client at the end of the day a should be treated like a paid client as they make what your company is.

The soon you and most hosts on here realize this there better your company will be.

ZoomCities is not a business nor a company, its an IT Community that offers free hosting to members. There's a big difference between a company and an IT Community.

ZoomCities is not a business nor a company, its an IT Community that offers free hosting to members. There's a big difference between a company and an IT Community.

Humm ok but they should still be treated like a paid client not matter what the back bone of the company/forum is... as its still a company at the end of the day.

And yes i know it dose not make money if you say it dose not but its still a company no matter what its doing.

Humm ok but they should still be treated like a paid client not matter what the back bone of the company/forum is... as its still a company at the end of the day.

And yes i know it dose not make money if you say it dose not but its still a company no matter what its doing.

Here we go again:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define:+company&aq=f&aqi=g-s1g9&oq=

1st line..

ZoomCities IT Community is not conducting any business related to hosting, thats why we call it "free hosting" its free. We've been known for "ZoomCities IT Community" for more than 5 years, never done any business at all. When you join ZoomCities you are joining a group, you are not joining a business or company that sell products or services full time.

Definition of company:

an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"

Definition of community:

agreement as to goals; "the preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests"

Company != Community.

I am not defending zoomcities here, but they even advertise that they are a IT community right under their banner on the front page.

Edit: Beat to it >.>.

I am falling to see how you not selling any think dose not make you a company.

You trade free products what makes you a company or what ever you like to call your self.

Or you trying to say you do not trade products?

I am falling to see how you not selling any think dose not make you a company.

You trade free products what makes you a company or what ever you like to call your self.

Or you trying to say you do not trade products?

Sorry mate but you need to understand fully what "company" means, because it looks like you dont.. You need to use spell checker as well

We dont sell nor trade products, we only offer free hosting to community members, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back