• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RIPN compatible name servers

jfb

Hello all,

I finally decided to create my own .PP.RU domain and I'm getting in trouble as the nameservers are in the same subnet.

To summarize for newcomers: .*.RU domains (where * stands for NET, COM, ORG or PP) are free of charge and registrable at www.ripn.net through the sending of some email forms.
The catch is the two nameservers you provide when registering SHOULD BE in a different subnet.
E.g. addresses like 111.222.333.1 / 111.222.333.2 won't work as the 333 part is the same.

Is there a provider (not xoasis, not megagiga cobrands...) which provides you with a .RU compatible pair of nameservers?

Thanx in advance
jfb

a webspace provider, not a NS provider please

Sorry I was not clear, I'm looking for a webspace provider hosting domains, like 0catch (but 0catch is not .RU compatible), not a for a signle NS provider like zoneedit.

JF

Basically any DNS zone that a co-brand can set up can be copied and set up on services like mydomain.com's free dns service.

t35 is "for English sites"

Hi, I'm a bit angry, as t35 seems to be discriminating against non-English contents.
Does anybody use it?
JF

Back