• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Robert from SI.... A question...

venomx

I use venomx on both searchtraffic and popuptraffic and never recieved my check. I have emailed both admins and you. Can you please tell me what I did to not get paid? Thanks my email is viper@venomx.com

So did I (email them. Different problems), and never got a reply, even after bringing up on geektalk forum.

Our mail is down due to a denial of service attack by a cheating group.

I'm not answering questions about individual accounts in public fourms any more.

Sorry.

We understand the sensitivities of dealing with individual accounts in forums. But can we also know when will we be getting replies to our queries in email? An estimated time would help, then indefinitely waiting.

So I take that your answer to requests for help and clarification of matters like these will have to wait indefinitely?

If you'd like the name of the cheating group that is responsible for the DOS attack on our mail servers I'll give it to you and you can discuss it with them.

Grrrrr... I've got 5 emails to different Standard Internet employee's all bounced throughout yesterday... Can't you get a new mail server or something? or pay-off the cheating group? ;)

Or maybe go on ICQ... :)

Moo: I didn't get any mails bounced back at all. 4 in total, over 3 weeks. Until this DOS comes about suddenly.

Robert: Thanks for at least giving such an answer here. :)

I thought it happened last week, so has this been a problem for a few weeks? Now, that's not really good. :(

Here are my bouncers;
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at janus.hosting4u.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<robert@standardinternet.com>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

If you'd like the name of the cheating group that is responsible for the DOS attack on our mail servers I'll give it to you and you can discuss it with them.

I would love to know it.
but on the more serious side, I had the same problem on my server for my freewebhost and I contacted our provider and had them block the attack at before it entered our router, which seemed to help. This way our servers weren't having to deny it straight forward. The attack ya'll are having is probably much greater than ours was, but it is a thought.

Is it the same people responsible for the mail servers as the SIC forums???

If so... who are they! Where do they live!? I wanna kick their asses... I'm soooo incredibly board...

Moo, whether the DOS had carried on for 3 weeks, I do not know.

What I do know is that I have been repeatedly trying to get Robert's attention for the same amount of time, with absolutely no replies, except a request for me to bring it to private email (only in the third week), which he did not respond to, supposedly because of DOS.

It is not fair that I (and others having problems) have to use public forums to contact him regarding account problems. Whatever problems SI is facing, they should have a way of settling it, and members should not be driven into desperation and going public.

I know what you mean, and I'm aware that it's not the best business method.

Although, I do know how you're meant to deal with hackers, police? server updates? newer fire-walls?

What are you meant to do? :confused:

This is why I'm contemplating stopping all public postings.

Solace, I'm insulted with the "supposedly" remark.

You're right, we took standardinternet.com offline since Saturday as a giant ruse to avoid answering email from a webmaster in Singapore who wants to badmouth us.

Robert, there is nothing wrong with the "supposed" remark. You did not provide evidence for the DOS you so claimed. Now you claimed you took SI off to avoid "a Singaporean webmaster instead". And you clearly avoided answering 3 weeks of email and it so conveniently happened the DOS happened when I brought it up in forums. Your answers to my polite attempts to get even a remotely assuring response ended up with irresponisble remark like "I can give you their names and you can ask them". This is not a professional way of handling things, and just for this, justifies this thread.

Are you trying to stir up nationalisms and discrimination by bringing up my nationality here? I did not even bring up any details of my case, but merely stating the difficulties in contacting SI. Would you prefer me to state the full case in public forums?

Took SI offline for the sake of avoiding a Singaporean webmaster who merely wants to ask "I just learned of the ban of Singaporean webmasters. I would like to find out if I am still in SI's popuptraffic"? I am honored. Who are you trying to kid here? I wasn't making any accusations, appeals whatsoever. It was a very simple, straightforward matter. Very little cash is involved. You can keep them with my compliments. Why allow this tiny matter to be blown out of proportion?

That's why you hate to talk about these in public forums? We can do a lot of things in 3 weeks Robert, that includes finding whether an account is active. And I had the patience to just enquire about the status of my account, that's all, in private email. Why are you insinuating that cases like these are out to give you bad publicity when you chose not to handle it in private?

Lastly, mind your comment with "badmouth". You can quote my post from first to last letter and you will not find any evidence of badmouthing. All that I have said can be backed up by forum posts and email logs.

[Edited by solace on 04-10-2001 at 11:21 AM]

Back