• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Router Help

KBC

NLC
NLC
Can someone tell me if there is a good router out there for less than £60 or less than $100, which gives the user the ability to open port ranges, rather than individual ports? My one only gives me the ability to map a few ports. :confused2

I have a Belkin one at the moment, really annoying, because it doesn't let you open up port ranges. I've checked the Linksys ones, is there a particular model recommended or do they all have this feature?

I would reccomend the BEFSR41 (4 port) or BEFSR81 (8 port). I have the 4 port and have had no problems with it.

Originally posted by dawizman
I would reccomend the BEFSR41 (4 port) or BEFSR81 (8 port). I have the 4 port and have had no problems with it.

Those one only lets you configure up to 10 ports, does it support port ranging? :confused2

Originally posted by KBC
Those one only lets you configure up to 10 ports, does it support port ranging? :confused2

Well you could open ports 0-65550 or whatever the highest number of ports is.

Back