• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Router Problems

KBC

NLC
NLC
Hi,

I'm having some problems with my router, I'm a newbie when it comes to configuring port settings... in this game I'm trying to play online, it says:

It uses UDP ports 8889 & 9089, how would I enter it in my router settings, see attached image.

And also, how would I configure it for GameSpy:

GameSpy is using the following ports (unless specified otherwise, they're TCP):
6667 (IRC)
80 (HTTP)
27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6500 (incoming, UDP, default roomquery port; can be customized with roomqueryport=<port #> in svc.cfg)

http://www.microze.co.uk/uploaded_images/router.jpg

Thanks in Advance.

Trigger port and public port should be set to the same. Also you won't need 80 (HTTP) and 6667 (IRC) since I doubt the game serves as an HTTP/IRC server so it's just an outgoing connection.
I'm a bit puzzled why there isn't a space to type which internal IP you're mapping the specified port though. Are you sure you're at the right setup screen? :confused:

Hmm still not letting me to host a server... hey carebear, the only setup screens I have are the following:

Static IP Settings
PPPoE
PPTP
MAC Cloning/Entry
DNS Address Entry

Firewall
Security Log
DMZ
Virtual Server
Special Application Ports
LAN Client Restrictions

LAN Services
NAT Enable/Disable
Set Time Zone
Change Password
Remote Management
Utilities

Originally posted by KBC
Hmm still not letting me to host a server... hey carebear, the only setup screens I have are the following:

Static IP Settings
PPPoE
PPTP
MAC Cloning/Entry
DNS Address Entry

Firewall
Security Log
DMZ
Virtual Server
Special Application Ports
LAN Client Restrictions

LAN Services
NAT Enable/Disable
Set Time Zone
Change Password
Remote Management
Utilities

Try turning on DMZ.

Pick 'Virtual Servers'... I'm looking at the manual of a Belink router right now: there should be 6 columns (Enabled, Description, Inbound Port, Type, Private IP Address and Private Port).
Try filling those in with the values (one port per line).. Inbound Port and Private Port are the same Port number. Private IP should match the computer you're playing the game on.

(In the manual it says you can seperate ports with commas but then later it says just one port per line so you'll have to experiment with that I guess)

can you try with something simple first? Like just running a HTTP server or FTP server and asking someone to try and connect.
That way you'll at least know how it works before trying to get something working that needs half a dozen ports.

Private IP: 192.168.2.x (you'll need to check the IP of the PC that's going to be running the game)
Private Port = Public Port: 21 (if you try an FTP server to test)
Type: TCP

Hope you can get it working.

Hey you have an SMC router too? :cool:

I just put my computer on DMZ and it works fine.
Otherwise, just use the Special Applications section.

if you use the special application, the setting should be already there for you, just like mine.

Or you can disable DMZ first, and enable it again.

Back