• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search scripts

iwod

Script search
Does any body knows a scripts ( Javascripts or CGI...etc ) that will allow the users to search
my site and other search engines as well?? I Got a javascripts which can search a lot of search
engines, but it does not search my site. it is from www.gdsoftware.com called SmartScripts.
And just another question. If i have a javascripts and rename it to a .inc file to be used with
the include function. Would that piece of javascripts code be cached?? Otherwise loading a 2k
javascripts on everypage would just be a pain to 56k users...

The scripts on the site is good, but it does not seems to allow me to search other site as well. I want a scripts.... ( java, html, cgi what ever) that gives a search field, ( where you type what you want to search ) and a drop down list to select which search engine or searching your site........
any ideas??

Nope i just found the function for it. it seems to allow url that you want it to search......... but i still can't figure out how to get it to have a drop down button

Originally posted by iwod
And just another question. If i have a javascripts and rename it to a .inc file to be used with the include function. Would that piece of javascripts code be cached?? Otherwise loading a 2k
javascripts on everypage would just be a pain to 56k users...
if you're talking with the include function of PHP, no it wouldn't be cached. If you're talking including it like a javascript file (however you do that) which would probly be a .js file, i think it would be cached.

Back