• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Seeking reliable host for a forum.

Marionette

I'm currently looking for a host for a planned roleplaying forum. I would like to be able to allow adult content (no photos or anything like that, just writing, and it will not be the site's main focus, just an option).

My budget, sadly, is not huge; $6 per month is the upper limit here (paying yearly is preferable, also). It'd be nice if I could get away with less, but I do want reliable hosting. I'm really stressing that. If you can tell me how long you've been around and if I can find reviews of your business, that will help a lot. If you haven't been around at least a year (and more is much better), I'm probably not interested, sorry.

I'm not 100% which software I'll be using yet, but I'm leaning toward MyBB. In any case, PHP and MySQL are musts.

I'm not really sure how much space I'll need. The forum will just be starting out, so I don't think I'll need a lot of space, but I'd like at least 2-5GB and maybe the option to upgrade later if I need it/have the money (though the upgrade price should still be reasonable; if it approaches $9, I'd probably just go with Dreamhost since I know they're capable of hosting some of the large forums I visit, and I can't foresee my forum getting larger than them).

Free hosting would be fine too if it has enough space (and probably still room to upgrade), but I don't like ads. I'm not silly enough to expect a reliable, ad-free host that allows adult content, lets me use my own domain name, and gives me 2-5+ GB, so... yeah.

We can handle this

We'd love to offer you excellent web hosting, but first, a little bit about us... We're WebLyte, a premium web hosting company. We pride ourselves on our awesome uptime, dedicated support, years in business (2+), owning our own hardware, having easy access to our datacenter, and having the best bang for your buck! If you choose to host with us not only will you have 31 days to get your money back but you'll also have the reliability, speed and feature packed accounts that we are known for.

I think our WebKit account would be a good match for you - it'd have the 2GB+ space that you are looking for as well as relevant data trans (20GB), this is all for starters as you can easily upgrade your plan later on down the line.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Hi,
With yearly payments I would like to offer you our Linux Hosting Basic Package

3000MB Space
30GB Bandwidth
cPanel 11
PHP 5, MySQL 5
Unlimited Features (emails, databases, addon domains)
99.9% uptime guarantee
no overselling guarantee
30-days money back guarantee

Plan URL: http://www.beemhost.com/shared/linux/pro.html

Our every package is also easily upgradeable to the next one if your demand goes to that ..

We are in business since 2 years and have good repute with proven uptime records plus there is no questions asked 30 days money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with our services we will issue a full refund to your hosting invoice ..

Hi there. We have been in business for 10 years. We have both plesk and cPanel servers. Our uptime is currently 99.98% and we can offer you superior hosting for your forum. As a matter of fact, we have a promotion going on, where you can get hosting on our new cPanel server for 50% off your first billing cycle, regardless of the term, which includes yearly.

cPanel - Advanced Plan
6 GB of Webspace
30 GB of Bandwidth
3 Hosted Domains
15 Subdomains
6 mySQL Databases
Unlimited POP3 Accounts
Normaly 5.95 per month
$2.98 with promo code halfoff

cPanel Power User Plan
10 GB of Webspace
50 GB of Bandwidth
5 Hosted Domains
25 Subdomains
10 mySQL Databases
Unlimited POP3 Accounts
Normally $9.95 per month
$4.98 with promo code halfoff

We have other plans available too! Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you might have. We currently host many business websites, all of which have been with our services for many years. We're time tested and our history proves it. Don't trust your data with a kiddie host, or some unknown company that has been around for only a month or so.

Linux Hosting Plan

2 GB Web Space
50 GB Bandwidth
cPanel 11
Host Unlimited Domains
Unlimited Sub Domains
10 Mysql databases
5 FTP Accounts
Quad Processor Performance Servers
UPS Power Backup
Linux Operating System
OC-48 Backbone Connection
24/7/365 Server Monitoring
100% Uptime Guarantee
No Overselling Guarantee

Only $4.95/month

To order kindly visit: http://www.occeanic.com/webhosting.html

We are in business since 2 years ..

Hi,

Please check our premium cpanel hosting.

Plan Name: Business
Disk Space: 1000 MB
Bandwidth: 20000 MB
100 all features
Cpanel, Softaculous
Lite Speed Server
R1soft Backup Restore
99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
30 days Money Back Guarantee

Price: $3.50 mo
For more info visit http://www.socheaphost.com/premium.html

If you signup for yearly use "BIJOY" coupon code to get 40% discount on premium plans.

If you have any query please submit a pre-sales ticket

BUDGET HOSTING MEGA
------------------------------
# 10,000 MB Web storage
# 100 GB monthly traffic
# Unlimited Email IDs
# Unlimited Subdomains
# Unlimted FTP Accounts
# Unlimited Mysql DBs
# 4500 Free Web Templates
# PHP/MySQL/CGI/RoR
= ONLY $9.95/month
Read More OR Order Now

Our Promises:
  • 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed.
  • Fast Reply Support Guaranteed.
  • Reliable Web Host Guaranteed.
  • 45-day money back Guaranteed.

We Accept all Major Credit Cards, Paypal, Alertpay, Liberty Reserve and Money Bookers.

HI Marionette, have you chosen a provider yet... we are just wondering?

If not maybe you could use our plan below, or we have more to choose from:

Server Space: 2,500MB (2.5GB)
Transfer/Bandwidth: 256,000MB (25GB)
* FTP Accounts
* MySQL Databases
* POP3 Email accounts
* Auto Responders
* Forwarders
* Mailing Lists
* Spam Assassin

Setup: Was $10.00 - NOW FREE!
Monthly Price: $2.83/mo
Quarterly Price: $8.19 ($2.73/mo)
Semi-Annually: $15.18 ($2.53/mo)
Annually: $27.96 ($2.33/mo)

Order This Plan Here

We strive to build partnerships and bring success to your business with no hidden charges or fees.

Thanks for reading! :santa15:

Hello there! Have a look at our forum hosting packages and see which you prefer. What we suggest is this one:

Novice Package
5GB Disc Space
100GB Bandwidth
Free Forum Install
Free Website Builder
Free SEO Report
Free Search Engine Submission
Unlimited Features
$8 / month (use the coupon code "XMas" and get %50 off for life)

If you want to pay yearly, contact us and we can create a yearly package for you.

Good luck!

:-: Holiday Special :-: Double Space & Bandwidth For Half The Price! :-: CrocWeb :-:

Hello Marionette, we would like to offer you our following shared hosting plan:

»»»»»»»»
Egg Croc
»»»»»»»»

Unlimited Domains & MySQL Databases

» RAID Protected Storage: 10 GB
» Premium Data Transfer: 100 GB
» Latest cPanel - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder - Daily, Weekly & Monthly Backups
» 24/7 Technical Support - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

Starting at $2.95/Month including Free & Instant Setup! (Use Promotion Code: CROCXMAS & Receive 50% Off)
More Info l Order Now

Please note, legal adult content is allowed. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,
CrocWeb

Those who make a reasonable request are very likely to get it.

SeraphimLabs Basic
3 Subdomain/Domain Parking
3 MySQL Database
30 e-mail addresses
30GB/month bandwidth
3GB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP, CGI, Perl

Starting at: $5/month

I'm an active role-player myself, and host some other role-playing sites as well. You're looking for a host that will do their best to be there as much as they possibly can, and will keep your site safe come what may. Roleplaying tends to have quite a bit of history attached that needs to be preserved. I've been hosting since August of 2009, and intend to stick around for a good while.

Likely what you mean by adult content is just intermittent graphic-nature scenes as part of storyline content, these are no big deal and to be expected in certain scenarios.

Do you already have a domain name? Or will you need sponsorship for one.

We can do yearly payment, our billing system is custom-made and has support for advance payment as long as you like.

Last edited:
You don't need a VPS for a forum. Why does it seem these days that the solution for everything is to get a VPS?

If not VPS, it would be a dedicated server, this is because forums website usually takes more resources than usual websites.

But if you were to read the OP's post you would see that he does not even have a forum software picked out yet, so it is a new forum with no members. He can use a shared hosting account for a long time until the forum starts to become more active.

I do agree that a very active forum can be heavy on a shared hosting environment but, one just starting should be fine.

I'm currently hosting more than 10 forums, three of which do have enough regular activity to generate a few gigabytes a month of traffic.

There is no load problem at all with them, and I don't see there being a load issue other than during an attack condition or if they suddenly acquired a few hundred thousand users- which would drive them over their bandwidth limit anyway.

You don't need anything more than a bare-bones shared hosting plan to start a forum, and that will last you for quite a long time without issue except under certain circumstances such as unexpected popularity.

@AJKservers
i believe the OP only need a shared hosting for the moment, there is not necessary for a VPS yet, since his forum is still a new forum without any traffic yet.

Back