• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

serverorigin.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya see....this is exactly why I didn't want to ring them - USELESS.

I think we need to press some kind of legal action.
At the very least, we need to make a list of everyone affected.
Or maybe, just keep calling him until the ------- pays the money back :p

Looking at the domain's records, looks like he's with dreamhost.
Why don't we contact them letting them know whats happened?

Last edited:
this comming from someone with a torrent site ;-P
I'm assuming that was aimed at me - so no I don't - it's just a non functioning front end as the rest of the site is developed when I have time I just liked the clock - plank!

Starcraftmazter/megaforcetkd - you do need to keep pressing them for some answers, their site is now just an unbranded 'helpdesk' (a bit ironic I know), the domain is listed at SEDO for sale, http://dreamhost.com/ would appear to be their hosts, maybe contact them as they've used whois protection, which they shouldn't as a trading company (again more irony). Their ICANN registrar is ENOM, another possible route to lodge a complaint.
If you have a phone number - keep it ringing, if they hang up ring it straight after that. Be a flaming pest, normally works as they'll get fed up first. Try tracing the provider of the number and a location to write to.

Contact PayPal again, check your payment method used to see if you can claim it back through any of the routes.

Keep trying, but I'd be quick as they look about set to jump ship.

I'm assuming that was aimed at me - so no I don't - it's just a non functioning front end as the rest of the site is developed when I have time I just liked the clock - plank!

Starcraftmazter/megaforcetkd - you do need to keep pressing them for some answers, their site is now just an unbranded 'helpdesk' (a bit ironic I know), the domain is listed at SEDO for sale, http://dreamhost.com/ would appear to be their hosts, maybe contact them as they've used whois protection, which they shouldn't as a trading company (again more irony). Their ICANN registrar is ENOM, another possible route to lodge a complaint.
If you have a phone number - keep it ringing, if they hang up ring it straight after that. Be a flaming pest, normally works as they'll get fed up first. Try tracing the provider of the number and a location to write to.

Contact PayPal again, check your payment method used to see if you can claim it back through any of the routes.

Keep trying, but I'd be quick as they look about set to jump ship.
lol ok dude Please dont take me srs I like to stur :p

lol ok dude Please dont take me srs I like to stur :p

No S*** Sherlock :lol: :bkick:

Starcraftmazter - the bit about your sig - I meant that your saying your great (no arguments there for that) - but if any of your clients came by and seen that you couldn't be bothered phoning it wouldn't look to good, just a prod about keeping some of the pee'd off part in (I'm guilty of it to so not trying to say I'm any better :angel: )
Best editited out for your reputation with clients, you've got enough to deal with (I'll take my bits out too as it's not anything that helps really is it oldman2 )

Look, it would cost a lot of money to ring from Australia to USA, and if all that will happen is I will get hung up on, like megaforcetkd - which is exactly what I predicted, then it is a further waste of money. Now what kind of an idiot would I have to be to do that?

You saying, that if I'm coming up against a tank, I should throw a rock at it, just for the hell of it....even though it's damned obvious it's not going to make any difference.

For the time being, I will contact enom.com. Dreamhost gave me the following reply:

Thank you for writing. For matters like this, the most DreamHost can
really do is look to see if the account may have been purchased with a
fraudulent credit card (as is often the case with escrow fraud sites and
other fraudulent operations). This account does not meet any criteria
for clear card fraud, insofar as the card that was used to purchase
DreamHost services.

If you have a dispute with the site owner, I strongly recommend that you
contact the police or other relevant authorities. If they would like to
start an investigation they may contact us and we will be happy to assist
them. We regularly work with police, FBI, and even international
authorities to investigate problems with sites that we may host.

Beyond assisting organizations with authority to conduct such
investigations, we have no autonomous authority or ability to resolve
complaints against a business whose site we might host.

But thats obviously quite ridiculous, launching legal action would cost an insane amount of money, especially compared to how much they stole from me.

just an email away

well to be honest how can you call them scammers if you are unwilling to try all methods of contact

I think that with a simple email you can reach a webhost these days it will generate through the ticket system and a support team Rep will handle the email if the company is serious in the first place.

Not sure what all the situation was with these posts. Starcraftzmaster just sent me a message last night asking for a refund and linking this thread. After researching this....
http://www.serverorigin.com/ss/refund.JPG

*sigh* So anyway...There was a refund issued for this. I have no idea why this thread was even here? Anyway. I think it should be closed and archived with the topic changed as this a false claim.

Last edited:
Normally...yes.

Although, it was linked to me this morning from the same poster. So I would like to make sure this is taken care of.

Something is fishy about me for trying to resolve an accusation against my company that is untrue?

Our VPS servers are full. We removed the option from our site until we can replenish the servers. I would really love to hear how you explain fishy from someone called "Blood Host".

So in other words...because we are not currently listing VPS servers we are now fishy? When this was from a sale in 2006? Go take your cheap shots some place else.

Last edited:
Blood Host is what I used to be called and please I don't want to argue with you. No wonder people think your a scam. :p

Well, perhaps those 2 clients signed up before the link was removed. But a full refund should have been given in that case as it is not the customer's fault.

... The link was removed like 3 days ago! Come on people.. That is not even the point.

The point is a sale was made in 2006, there was an issue with the account as it was a changeover when the sale of ecsportal.com happened. We recognized the issue, we issued a refund. Nothing more complicated about it.

We have current VPS customers who are happily receiving VPS service that are even members of this forum. It has nothing to do with the links from our website.

Blood Host: I'm not sure you can call anyone a 'scam'. Nice whois guard on your hosting company.

Last edited:
Yup Whois Guard all the way. Sign up people with him or me and see who is the real scam. :angel: Maybe its not both of us or maybe its just severorigin trying to attack me. :fangel:

Having a look at at both my transaction and my entire transaction history, nowhere did I find anything relating to a refund (relating to this transaction).

In the interests of fair-play I have contacted paypal, asking them if a refund was ever made, and if so, why it is not logged anywhere in my account.

As far as I remember, I never received any money.

No idea. The only thing I can do is provide the screenshots of what Paypal shows me and the deduction of $51.00 back out. Maybe Paypal kept it but we didn't.

Please let us know what Paypal says...

Thanks

Just the transaction ID in that screenshot...only thing it shows here. It references the original transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back