• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Session data, accessible from another domain?

bozley05

NLC
NLC
I have a client who runs two different e-shops on two different hosts (damn 12 month contracts) which I designed both to use PHP sessions to store shopping cart data. The problem is they don't want to fork out for two seperate SSL certs and don't want to pay hosting fees just to be on my server for shared SSL if they are already paying host.

So what I want to do is to just do the order processing on my server, so I need to know how I can get the session data from one domain (their site) to my domain/server. Security risks shouldn't be an issue, coz all its only transferring a product code and quantity.

The option I have considered, but don't know if it will work is:

Do a big post when they click on checkout, ie. mydomain.com/customer/check.php?id1=093&qty1=2&id2=743........

Might work????? But ideally, I would like to know if its possible to pull in the session data using an easier method.. Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry for such a long post, and thanks in advance.

session data is designed to be safe and cant be requested. unless you can find a way to hijack the session with some kind of code (which i don't think is very reliable)... but you may be able to silently send it through socket_write/socket_send if your willing to run a socket server...

Back