• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shafts of Light - please review

byrdgirl13

This is a new website I'm making, still have some work to do but mostly the design is done. Just the top left area, where it says Shafts of Light, is incomplete. (I have no graphics program or scanner to make my logo image)

http://www.fastplugin.com/solight/

Please review, thanks! :biggrin2:

EDIT: oh, right, and I have no form, just the questions I mean to have on it. But that's content, not design, so you'll survive right? ;)

omg dont visit that site unless you want to be overwhelmed by 4 popups at once, then popups when you closed them, then popups when you closed those....my computer froze.

wtf man...get rid of them...what the hell were you thinking

I got 1 pop up. And I think it's a nice clean site. perhaps a few more things graphically could make it really nice

Its got a popup spam script if you close it using the x it opens another and another. just close the popup faster

nice blend of colours :) though i don't really like purple :eek:
anyway i don't see any popups think my anti-pops did the job

The colors are nice but some eye candy would make it really nice

I got two pop-ups but one closed itself :S

- The layout is simple and nice, for a frontpage and the color is perfect. :)
- I couldn't finish loading your page. It was stucked while "connecting to adpowerzones.com..."
- I'm using Mozilla 0.94 (Netscape 6.1), and your font looks too small.
- It would be better if you stick with the basic rule: links are underlined, not upperlined.

I've edited it to have css for most pages, please let me know if there seem to be any mistakes in the code (I've never used external stylesheets before). Also, if the font looked too small before, is it better? I'm using a different way of noting the main font size, for me it looks the same but I don't know much about how the same font/size looks across browsers. Thanks. :)

EDIT: ahh! I just looked and it didn't load the css file right...??? It worked fine before I uploaded it all. :confused2

Last edited:
Using Mozilla 1.0 and a screen res of 1024x768, the fonts are tiny. And the links are now struck-through instead of underlined (but that didn't bother me). Otherwise, all you need is some more content. :)

ps Your guestbook stripped out my linefeeds, but maybe I should have expected that...

The font size should be somewhere between 7pt and 8pt. Maybe I will just use 8pt. Too small? Yeah, I changed the links to a strike-through on hover. That's what I wanted to do in the first place, but didn't know how.

...My guestbook what your what?? :confused: Oh, you mean line breaks? Yeah I noticed. Oh! *running to guestbook host* ...
...All better! You should be able to use < br > now. :)

Oh, and I moved the site, it's still at HostingExtreme but on a different domain, so there should not be any more popups, I think (and the css works now). Just use this in case I have to move it again:
http://sol.3kd.net

Nice 90/100
Minor Problems.
-Left side bar is way to light very hard to see.(no , Im not color blind)
-The links on the left, whats with that crossthrough script, its a little weird
-The links on the left also have a funky mouseover effect, you may want to change that

Back