• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shared reselling vs Virtual dedicated reselling

1paket

Hi, can anybody explain the technical difference btw reselling based on shared plans and reselling based on VPS plans?

Reselling shared hosting is just that. You're reselling resources that have been allocated to you on a shared server. And in regards to the second part of your question, I don't really know what you mean. Reselling VPS units? Or reselling resources that are available on a VPS that you have?

I'm guessing you want to know the difference between selling shared hosting from a reseller account and a VPS?

Reseller Account: You can only offer shared hosting and is usually ideal for starters.
VPS: You can offer both shared and reseller hosting from a VPS. Ideal for anyone that's getting serious about a hosting business.

If you decide to get a VPS, I'd recommend you look at a managed cPanel VPS otherwise you'll need to secure it yourself. A VPS is very similar to a Dedicated Server, just that you're limited by the plan specifications (CPU, RAM, Disk, Bandwidth).

Noraml WHM Reseller so u can sell cPanel x Accounts but with t a VPS like john sad it like a Dedicated server so u have ur root access and can install and control your Server the ehy u like . VPS is a Dedicated server shared with other Clients .

i Prefer VPS .

If you decide to get a VPS, I'd recommend you look at a managed cPanel VPS otherwise you'll need to secure it yourself. A VPS is very similar to a Dedicated Server, just that you're limited by the plan specifications (CPU, RAM, Disk, Bandwidth).

Yeah, this makes sense. Making a business obviously requires certain rate of stability thus better deal is VPS or Dedicated server, instead of shared account.

Back