• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shiftyhost - Stay Clear Of Them

Dan

Bullah
NLC
We provided a top quality service to Shiftyhost.
They purchased a reseller from us a couple months ago and they paid for a year.
In February, we received an email from PayPal telling us that a dispute was open on our account.
I logged into PayPal and noticed that my account was short $180.00
This was a result of a Chargeback made by the Buyer's Credit Card Company. PayPal didn't like this either because the buyer did not file the claim through PayPal. Thus, paypal banned the buyer from further using the service.
Anyways, we lost the claim. However, PayPal contacted me again yesterday and informed me that they are disputing the Chargeback with the Credit Card company.
The reason they (Credit Card Company) gave for the Chargeback was "Unauthorised Payment". To me, that is the Buyer calling me a theif.

Just a heads up here. But take my advice and DO NOT do business with this individual.

utcrazy said:
With a name like that, what do you expect.

That's true I guess. :)

I just did a Whois on the domain and the info has changed. My guess is the domain was taken off them or something. They probably did another chargeback there.
If anyone wants the a**h***s name etc, just PM me.

Wow... that's sad.
Normally I did chargeback only if I know that the seller scam me. Which I get scam by 3 ebay sellers off $4k. I only able to get back half of it. =( However, for your case, I had no idea why a buyer will do that. Seriously, if using paypal, try to do a claim at paypal or contact paypal first, worst come to worst then use chargeback. But the best is try to solve it between buyer and seller if not like my case, seller cant be contacted and paypal cant help.

Back