• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should I Bounce?

To bounce or not to bounce, that is the question.

• Yes! Think of how awesome "I was a bouncer in college" stories sound when you're old and boring.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No! Beating up drunk people is harder than it sounds.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
I love it, I think it should be enforced even when people don't necessarily deserve it. But let me clarify by adding this:

Owned.gif

I don't have any problem punching people in the face.

However, I'm not quick to start a fight just for the hell of it.

Update.

Turned in my application last night. Talked to a manager about it for a few minutes, shook his hand and talked about how soon I would be available. In the short time talking to him he seemed really nice. Said he would give the application to the head person and I'd either be talking over the phone or coming in to see her soon.

Furthermore, cute bartender was super nice after I gave her back the application she gave me last weekend. Somehow my $85+ bar tab turned itself into a $30 one. :beer:

Oh, and a cougar tried to pick me up last night. Old enough to be my mother - that was strange, but hey, I got a fifteen dollar drink out of it :p.

If you relish the idea of spending your saturday night with vomit on your shoes, repeating the same words over and over and trying to convince drunk idiots they need to go home, then a career in bouncing might be for you, if however like the rest of the world you were put off at "sick on your shoes" then you probably should choose another path ...

If you relish the idea of spending your saturday night with vomit on your shoes, repeating the same words over and over and trying to convince drunk idiots they need to go home, then a career in bouncing might be for you, if however like the rest of the world you were put off at "sick on your shoes" then you probably should choose another path ...

Ha, not a career. I needed a night job for the summer so it wouldn't interfere with classes. Any other job I could get would be annoying bull---- too so I figured I'd try this one for a few stories if nothing else.

Yeah, I don't think anyone bounces for a career, most do it to support themselves while they train for their UFC careers :p

The upside to everything joe just said was brought up in Nick's post prior to that. If you're not a brain dead juice freak with no brains at all, and I think it's safe to say Nick is not that person, the bartender chicks LOVE the bouncers.

Bounce away, Nick, bounce away.

Watch out for those cougars. Gonorrhea. Yup.

I'd have to say it would really depend on the type of bar you were going to bounce at, and the kind of community it's located in. I know I would not want to be a bouncer at some of the clubs near me. People can get violent. That's probably why most of the bouncers are complete ----s on a huge ego trip. I've bartended at a pub and a club, and for those most part I think jobs in that area are pretty fun, though drunks and be real taintsticks sometimes and it's hard to stay calm at times

I got kicked out of the club a few weeks ago for calling a fat chick fat. I guess she was a bouncer's girlfriend or something. I'm not usually confrontational, combative, or troublesome when I'm drunk (though sometimes mischievous) but she dumped beer in my eye.

Last edited:
I had completely forgot about this since I hadn't heard back from the bar, but I received a call today and I have a job interview Thursday. So I might just get a summer job that will work around my classes after all.

That I did, I'm going today. I'm guessing they will probably just evaluate how big I am and ask some simple questions about how I would handle situations with drunk belligerent people.

Would any of those situations involve the words "royal" and "smackdown"?

Because that's going on youtube if it happens. That's an order, soldier.

Alright just got back. I got the job and I start next weekend. Starting at $10/hr, full insurance if something were to happen, worker's comp, etc. My boss is cool, she basically said it's a lot of fun and like going to the bar without spending any money.

Seems like I'm set for the summer now :cool2:.

Back