• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should I do more verions? ;v_v;

CW

Hello everyone! :)

I haven't finished my site yet, just my first page... and now I've seen it through several
differant views.

1: Netscape

2: Lower resulution (I use 1024 by 768)

3: Seting the computer's color's ligher

(I was at my uncle's house, and his computer was on a lighter color
thing.. so all my colors were lighter then they were supposed to be ;_;)

And ALL three made my site look HORRID. So... I thought of making two versions (for IE AND
Netscape) And two versions for each of those (1024 by 768/800 by 600) and puting links to those on my
page look like:

Netscape:
1024 by 768
or
800 by 600

IE:
1024 by 768
or
800 by 600

Because I can't stand the idea of someone seeing my site so ugly ;_;

But then I also thought, that is a LOT of versions to make, and that will take a LOT of my
time... which just might be a WASTE of my time! ;v_v; So, since a bigger amount of people
use IE... I thought I'd narrow the versions down to two, for the 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600. (I also thought
of making my site for 800 by 600, for my vistors... but I love 1024 by 768 so much.. I
couldn't! ;>0<;) Do you all think I should? Or should I just forget about what other people
see, and just worry about what I have and work with that alone?

Well, I know this is silly.. But it does bug me :mad: In a way, it's to bad not every computer is the same.

Thank you and take care ^_^
-CW

Try and make the site work well in all borowsers or make the outside templates (IE, two sizes & Netscape two) and run the content from external files.

how about this:
make it barely fit on an 800*600 screen, and center the entire page. (table tags with width set to about 770 should do)

Then, before you publish your page, check it with both IE and Netscape. If something's REALLY wrong, fix it and see if it's okay for both borowsers now.

Links for different browsers and different screen resolutions just tell people that you don't know how to design web pages. Don't do it!

You can use percentages instead of hard pixel table widths and the page will stretch to fit. Anyway, I would really be unimpressed if I came to a site with four links asking me to choose. Usually a few slight modifications to the IE version will make it so it looks fine in netscape as well. (Majority of your visitors will be on IE as well, so...).

^^;;

Well... I don't know hpw to do something more hard as that v_v So I guess I just have to stop worring about what other epopel see, mostly because it was only the size that really changed in differant views... as far as positions, everything was the same ^_^

One thing though... I made the links/image on my main page rather small, so when I saw it in 800 by 600, I was *irritated* to see how big it was @_@ (I like everything small, but I know I need to becareful if I want other people to be able to read what I make... teehee ^_~) So, I made everything the size I want in 800 by 600.. hehe, you should see how small my page looks in 1024 by 768 :p Oh well, even though there is a rather big size differance, it really isn't too bad. Everything is completly readable and viewable..

So, I guess I really shouldn't worry ^_^
Thank you all ^_^
-CW

Just make sure you're happy with it! By the amounnts of time and effort you put into the site I think we can all tell it will be great!

Good Luck Finishing it!

You can make all your tables width = 100% and then it will look good in any resolution.

Supermoo }:8)

hehe supermoo you are so nice! =^-^= Maybe I'll give you the url of my site once I'm finished! tee hee ^_~
-CW

actually, i've found that pages based on percentages look like crap. They're usually made for 1024*768, and that's the only resolution they look good on... What i do is put tables like 760 width, and center it. That way, it looks like it's supposed to look even on 1600*1200 (i don't bother to make it look good on 640*480... i have my limits)

Thanks CW ;)

Cheap Bastard:

The trick is to make it 'viewable' in 640 x 480 but really designed for 800x600 and expandable to 1600x1200... well that's what I think any way. If my opinion's worth anything :)

Back