• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should we provide you free hosting services?

[SRVLYR] Ivan

As a result of our great sales the past month, We had a conference with our staff to turn Servelayer into a free webhosting community.

As we have seen your all are being left out from your free web hosting providers and you receive no loyal support. Servelayer would like to provide you free users free web hosting service as a premium user, but all you have to do is do is put hosted by Servelayer on your page + 10 Post on our community forum. No monthly posts / no hidden crap other free services give you.

For the free users, we can only provide you with 500 - 1,200 MB Space, Your account is only upgradable if you have exceeded your HDD space.

What do you guys think? Should we start this?

As a result of our great sales the past month, We had a conference with our staff to turn Servelayer into a free webhosting community.

As we have seen your all are being left out from your free web hosting providers and you receive no loyal support. Servelayer would like to provide you free users free web hosting service as a premium user, but all you have to do is do is put hosted by Servelayer on your page + 10 Post on our community forum. No monthly posts / no hidden crap other free services give you.

For the free users, we can only provide you with 500 - 1,200 MB Space, Your account is only upgradable if you have exceeded your HDD space.

What do you guys think? Should we start this?

No, you are already an established hosting company, so keep moving forward not backwards. Focus your time and resources on the bigger things, spend time in thinking how you can improve your current services and what new services you can offer to attain growth in your customer base. This is a good time to do it while you have a solid cashflow. Good luck

Last edited:
As long as you know you are not making a dime off free service, why not?

Few things I would suggest:

1. Make sure you give ample support. Just because your service is free, does not mean you can skimp on that. Free hosting clients may upgrade to paid hosting if they are satisfied.

2. Offer a modest amount first, like 100 MB and 3-5 GB transfer, then allow for a paid upgrade. There is no need to offer over a GB of space for free if you offer paid hosting.

As long as you know you are not making a dime off free service, why not?

Few things I would suggest:

1. Make sure you give ample support. Just because your service is free, does not mean you can skimp on that. Free hosting clients may upgrade to paid hosting if they are satisfied.

2. Offer a modest amount first, like 100 MB and 3-5 GB transfer, then allow for a paid upgrade. There is no need to offer over a GB of space for free if you offer paid hosting.

Sain Cai is awesome, so I'd like to make my reply as friendly counterpoint.

I believe the number one type of path for offering free hosting is from a paid company. Sure, no "fast dollars" here. But it's called a Loss Leader. Because of that, his #1 point is absolutely on target - same service as paid, only lower stats. When the user gets to *experience* the service, then in the back of their mind they start to think, "gee, once I actually get my content up, I may go paid...."

However, I politely disagree with the HD space. Remember, unlike bandwidth, HD space is static, "one-time" allotment. Hard drives are cheap(ish), and there's rumblings they're gonna sink to the price of Commodities soon. I suggest the new baseline for companies is 1GB space. 100meg makes me suspicious that the company is too small.

Sain Cai, you've seen my fun little study page. Did you know it's already pushing the 1Gig mark? That's because the *components* begin to seriously add up, fast. I now have both a WideScreen and a Mobile version, and almost 50 variant versions in my components folder. That's only with about 10 articles actually uploaded! So yes, building modern webpages, that space does disappear, in the graphics and linked pages.

Remain paid/free would be best. Don't do full fledge free hostings it'll ruin your image into fallen hosting. Start space 500mb-1gb Bandwidth not over 10gb would be enough.

But about 10 posts for that size you offer I'm quite agree of it for serverlayer's membership.(I was about to run that concepts also.)

Hello,
serve layer i have to say that is good opportunity for many users to convert serve layer into free web hosting company that can provide free users

thanks!!

Back