• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoutcast Control Panel - which is best?

Decker

Officially Old!
NLC
Hi all, looking for both hosts & users to comment.

For hosts, which is best for setup, mangement, admin all the usual that matters.

For users, how easy is it for you to use and what features are most important.

TIA for your time :)

Cast control is awesome, its Latest version includes an AutoDJ you can setup.
I recommend getting it ;)

Hi Decker,

We use scpanel.net, very nice & user friendly.

Its not free but for the price its well worth it.

:lol: really getting a view of things everyone seems to like a different one :lol:

Only thing I could really find wrong was not listing an 'owned' license all monthly, but to be honest paying the small cost for a month would be worth it just to see if it does the job :angel:

Looks like you got booted to the bottom of the pile there Craig :bkick:

I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes, post a demo if I get the time :)

Keep the ideas comming if you know of another (PS don't like the idea of autodj'ing)

i think the best panel is that wich allow autodj ( backup )

tell me if that cast panel needs to be buyed or is free to use...

MatriXicã, you have to buy cast-control if that's what you mean but you can trial it free for 10 days I think.

:lol: really getting a view of things everyone seems to like a different one :lol:

Only thing I could really find wrong was not listing an 'owned' license all monthly, but to be honest paying the small cost for a month would be worth it just to see if it does the job :angel:

Looks like you got booted to the bottom of the pile there Craig :bkick:

I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes, post a demo if I get the time :)

Keep the ideas comming if you know of another (PS don't like the idea of autodj'ing)

Hi Decker,

PM me & I will be more than happy to provide a working demo :classic2:.

Terms apply, $6.2million connection fee, PAYGO $500 per minute :lol:.

Hi Decker,

PM me & I will be more than happy to provide a working demo :classic2:.

Terms apply, $6.2million connection fee, PAYGO $500 per minute :lol:.

lol, might have to, having to recompile Apache for ADJ :eek2:

I coded an autodj script and it even ran on XAMPP, why would you have to recompile Apache for Auto DJ?

what are the basic functions of an auto dj script? oh, and maybe you have to add a module for it and thats what decker meant ?

XAMP is open, as in your own server, on a server to the public security is paramount which does restrict things.
Craig possibly suggested the best option - not the best panel (and having probs with the basics of ADJ (no support and I paid) I'll follow it up DINI if you have info that you can share or even charge for let me know as I'm moving away from ADJ due to the amount of tme I'm spending at the moment trying to get it working - the download from them.

XAMP is open, as in your own server, on a server to the public security is paramount which does restrict things.
Craig possibly suggested the best option - not the best panel (and having probs with the basics of ADJ (no support and I paid) I'll follow it up DINI if you have info that you can share or even charge for let me know as I'm moving away from ADJ due to the amount of tme I'm spending at the moment trying to get it working - the download from them.

Decker, do you realice ADJ needs to be installed in a cPanel server, otherwise it won't work? I hope you did, otherwise that was a huge loss of time :p

I installed ADJ in a fresh cpanel server witout any configuration needed

Yep - it's on a WHM/CPanel server, 500 error every time. Before and after recompile using what info I could squeeze from the site (even the 'contact info' has had no response). It might be a good un if it would work.

It is also on a 'fresh' server nothing else going just so I could make sure :)

I would like to get it working but the problems lack of support of the 'paid' product so far is less than convincing as a viable product.

Dini again if you have any input I would be more than happy to listen to the voice of experience :)

I may be wrong, but I got 500 Internal Error when I didn't had PHP running in CGI mode.

If you look for a product with god support, I would recommend castcontrol, installation is quite easy and they have outstanding support.

As far as ADJ goes, I'm stuck :(

Thanks Dini but it's not that, even looking throught the logs gives no clue.
I might try the install option they have - if I get a response, it's free so I'll give it a go and see what they say.

Thanks for the help :)

Back