• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Simple hosting script

notnamed

/fws/
NLC
Alright, I'm just looking for a very simple Perl or PHP web hosting script. I'd like to create users, give 'em a subdirectory, text editor, and browser-based file uploader. Disk quota would be nice, but is not required. Some sort of administration interface would be nice, but is not required. From the looks of it, all the similar scripts (Genesis, EasyHost Free) have either been dropped or bloated. I really don't want bloat, as I'm trying to integrate this into a small community, and I don't need a bunch of other CMS crap.

So, if anyone knows of anything like that that's pretty cheap (free or donationware) please link it up. Thanks.

cPanel.
I just have a shared account, so scripts that require root access are out of the question as well.

If you have a shared account, you're unable to create users with cPanel anyways. What sort of access would you want to give them? A subdomain? A folder?

Back