• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Site for non-HTML users...

Savant

Hey folks, could use a few tips here. I have a friend that I can't convince to learn HTML (I've tried) so I want to set them up with one of these providers that provides an editor online so they just have to type it in. Since I do all my own coding, I have no clue of where to find a site like this since I avoid them. Does anyone know of any that are light on the ads, preferably with banners instead of popups. Thanks.

Regards,

Savant

[Edit: I'm looking for mainly a simple free solution that I can direct them to in order for them to get their feet wet. Paying for software or sites isn't a good idea since they will still be learning. I figure once they spend time getting used to a free site, they will want 'more' and then upgrade. So right now I need a free provider where they can experiment without needing to spend cash or know html.]

Last edited:
Homesdead has a drag and drop editor called Sitebuilder that used to be free...dunno if it still is. You want to search for hosts that have drag and drop editors. :classic2:

<edit> Now that I think about, you probably won't find many. The best thing to do would be for your friend to use a free/purchased drag and drop editor like Coolpage, Webdwarf, etc. to make their pages...then upload to a host.</edit> ogre2

Last edited:
Yahoo Geocities is perfect for this situation. It is beginner friendly and has some beginner level page creator-editor (Pagewizards) as well as really simple to use add-ons.

However, I must say that HTML coding is really simple to learn and it offers a greater experience...:)

Step 1) Start photoshop and make something nice
Step 2) Start fireworks and slice up the photoshop creation
Step 3) Start dreamweaver and code the sliced photoshop creation.

I like dreamweaver as you get a visual presentation of the coding. Speeds things up a little.

FreeWebs, previously FreeWebz has a WYSIWYG editor and templates. Only ad is a "Powered by FreeWebs" that must be (manually) inserted at the bottom, but can be done with a click on their (CGI? PHP?) editor. No scripting, but it's better than GeoCities :)

Back