• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Slow Forums?

KBC

NLC
NLC
I'm not sure if it's just me, I know I am on an old fashioned 56K, but the "Freewebspace.net" forums are incredibly slow for me...

Especially when I hit the reply button, it is ultra slow... sometimes I have to disable pictures in order to speed up loading times. :smile2:

Is it just me? :sad2:

No, it's not just you. Images are taking forever to load if they even decide to load at all.

Everything looks fine from a tracert on my end though (all <80 ms).

The server load seems pretty light compared to usual. There aren't any known network problems so I would be interested in hearing from more people.

If the trace doesn't show network problems then I would typically place the blame on the server but it has plenty of available resources so I don't believe that's the case.

Weird... It's the images, they are taking forever to load... :sad2:

The buttons such as "PM", "Profile"... etc...in thread view are very slow. This is worst when you try to reply to a thread... and when I click "submit reply", I am taken to a "Cannot Find Server" page... until I click refresh. I'm not sure, because I remember this was one of the fastest forums I have ever visited...maybe it's caused by the increase in threads and members? :biggrin2:

All is fine my end, no problems at all. But I did have a similar problem a week or so ago, especially with the 404s. I think it is more an ISP hiccup than FWS.

It's just the smilies that take forever to show up for me (about 5-10 seconds after a post) which is weird since they should be cached.
The only problem I'm having is pages not consistently showing the lastest version. This just happens with main forum overview and topics in a specific forum (As in one will show a new post and there are none, and where as it will show no new posts except there are) but I'm fairly sure it's my isp's proxy that's at fault.

Yes... I don't understand... the buttons in thread view take about 20 seconds to load after I click the thread. I'm not sure... it's very slow at my end.

I think Dialtone just hates me or something...

I know GeekVillage is located at Dialtone as well, and the images on their forums are extremely slow to load as well...

I haven't experienced this with other [non-Dialtone hosted] forums I frequent.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya, a conspiracy!

Originally posted by KBC
Weird... It's the images, they are taking forever to load... :sad2:

The buttons such as "PM", "Profile"... etc...in thread view are very slow. This is worst when you try to reply to a thread... and when I click "submit reply", I am taken to a "Cannot Find Server" page... until I click refresh. I'm not sure, because I remember this was one of the fastest forums I have ever visited...maybe it's caused by the increase in threads and members? :biggrin2:
Wow, I just assumed that was only happening to me.

Hmm... I just noticed an error just now...

Something Like "Too Many Connections on MySQL"... it was something like that.

Hopefully for fixing it. :) You can thank Jan for the fast response on that one as she notified me right away.

Originally posted by KBC
Yay! So was that the main problem for this sluggishness? :wink2:
Well I dunno about you, but nothing has changed for me...

Dialtone just doesn't like me. Heh.

Originally posted by KBC
Something Like "Too Many Connections on MySQL"... it was something like that.
That was the error I fixed. Regarding sluggishness it could be your routing to DialTone but it's hard to be certain for sure. Apart from the usual of running traces and pinging routes to see where the bottleneck is it's tough to tell.

I don't think it's DialTone as no problems have been reported, others apparently aren't having the problems, and the server still has plenty of available resources.

Either that or like Bruce said, Dialtone just doesn't like him. ;)

Weird... Oh well... I browse these forums with pictures disabled anyway. :smile2: Much faster... :wink2:

Back