• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"slow" "old" dedicated server needed

stubrud

is there anyone hoster that have an old server laying around they can set up?
with something like this spec:
650mhz or better
256mb ram
5-10GB HD
3-500GB tranfers on a 100mbit or altleast 10
free setup.
rootaccess needed
redhat or any other good Distros

if anyone got something like this give me a good price.

I would contact http://storhost.com and ask them if they have anything laying around that they can hook up for you. A lot of places won't advertise suck low-end machines, but they do have some instock.

Robert said:
I would contact http://storhost.com and ask them if they have anything laying around that they can hook up for you. A lot of places won't advertise suck low-end machines, but they do have some instock.
i know. thats the reason i asked here if anyone wanted to tell me about it

you got to be jokeing with me? 54.95 for that server? thats not a good deal!!
and a bit to litle transfer.

stubrud said:
you got to be jokeing with me? 54.95 for that server? thats not a good deal!!
and a bit to litle transfer.
You asked, he offered. Please tell us what you deem resonable for a server. It seems like you think that because you get a low end server, that the cost should be low.

Robert said:
You asked, he offered. Please tell us what you deem resonable for a server. It seems like you think that because you get a low end server, that the cost should be low.
ofcourse it should be lower price on a low end server :) i didnt ask for free :) but just a cheap one.

layeredtech.com offer:

• AMD SEMPRON 2600
• 80GB IDE Hard Drive
• 512MB DDR RAM
• Bandwidth: 1000GB
• IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
• Private VLAN
• Basic Resource Monitoring
• FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux

For 65$/month, 19$ setup

you expecting someone to offer you a whole low end server for what? 5 bucks? I think it would cost more than $20 just to keep it operating monthly for you.

Why don't you build your own server and co-locate it? I'll give you "space" for $25 a month... you send the server to me.

BTW Guys, "Hi I'm new!" :biggrin2:

Ok say how much and stop wasting time d10sfan what price are you looking at, you've had a couple of good offers.

Or I can offer you one with 2000GB transfer, 16Gb RAM and no CPU for $10 a month :rolleyes2

If you want a CPU it'll cost you another $1000

Back