• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SMF (Simple Machines Forum) on ---------- impossible?

Tobias Claren

SMF (Simple Machines Forum) on 000-webhost impossible?

Hello.

I tried to install and use SMF.
I can not perform a package installation.

Internet Explorer:

Error: Disconnected
The connection to the server was reset while the page loads.

This is a fresh install. In HourB and Freehostia it works without problems.
Thorsten by 000-webhost says I must contact the SMF support. It must but be a server error.

Last edited:
It is possible that at that point the web server may have been too busy (overcrowded?) and was thus unable to process the installation script.

It does sound like a server outage or connectivity issue. I would erase the SQL database and start over, since if it got interrupted during setup it would have resulted in a malformed DB that would block further install attempts.

Also make sure that your chmod settings are done correctly. SMF is rather touchy about it, and will not install if these are set wrong.

Overall though, it sounds like a rather low grade support desk at the host you are using if they aren't willing to work with you on the problem. I can't imagine ever telling one of my clients to go look something up themselves, I'd be right there on google looking for what could be causing it so as to get them going in the right direction.

Back