• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So.. I've been in Iraq for two weeks.

Space Ghost

NLC
NLC
I joined the TA (Territoral Army) here in the UK a few months back and about 3 weeks back we were told [if we were eligible] we would be shipped off to Iraq for a training course which would show us all what to do in case we had to go and backup the real army.

Let me tell you, the news channels don't to the place justice - the place is a hellhole (like you'd expect) and even though I was only posted for a short time I definately got a feel for what all troops have to through full time.

I'll start with the citizens - what a nice bunch - seriously. Everywhere we went troops got welcomed with open arms (expect when some rebels opened filre on us - more on that later) kids running up to us, the older people with broken english which is quite funny really. Life is tough for them and you can tell - an army regiment with us was frequently handing out food and other supplies. The Iraqi's homes are dull and desolate - often two rooms. One for sleeping and one for everything else. It's quite warming to see that the kids life's are somewhat (note:hardly) like western kids, alot of them know about western singers and celebrities.. the markets sell shoddy Justin Timberlake and Green Day CDs, it's a shame they often can't afford them.

And yes, we got shot out by some rebels.. I'm not allowed/don't want to go into too much details and locations so don't ask - although no one was hurt and the rebels fled into the night.

Obviously I can't post about everything that happened while I was there because most of it was training but we did get some exploration time.

So, great members of FWS.net.. I will answer any questions I can about Iraq etc. Fire away.

[Oh, and people who got hosting from me - it's being done soon - this kinda took priority ;)]

link104, you have a lot to learn...

By the way, contrary to link104 the poster... Link 80, the band... is totally awesome.

I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope someone shoots you regardless :rolleyes:

Note to link107: If you want people to take you seriously, try to sound like you have a sliver of intelligence.

Last edited:
Back