• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Soccer Match Thrashing

Should Coach be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Sack everyone

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

The Red Guy

Dork
NLC
Do you think the manager/coach should be sacked after a thrashing (i.e the malaysia thrashing of singapore 4-0, not that many s'poreans care much anyway), especially by a rival?

Originally posted by Daniel
Oh sure, blame it on the coach. :rolleyes:
For coaches results are everything, and he's a foreigner hired for Goal 2010 (which is qualifying for 2010 world cup, but that's impossible), not to mention taking a fat paycheck.

I hate the mentality of European sports and their fans. It's "---- up and die...like seriously, die,"

A coach should not be fired for one game. That's stupid. The thought of it is stupid.

A coach can only do so much. It's the players. Either they are good and they will make the coach look a lot better or the players suck like in this case and make everyone look like crap.

Hello,

Sack the players. The coach is responable for the time. He can't make them play well. They either do or they don't. If its the latter then the coach should think about replacing the players who don't perform or re-organise his squad. He may be playing his players in positions they don't like. Last time I checked, Football was a team game. Not a coach game. Team means being a unit. As one. The good and the bad.

Alternatively. Just make the coach a scape goat for the players lack of ability and performance. Thats what usually happends.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I hate the mentality of European sports and their fans. It's "---- up and die...like seriously, die,"

More like the Russians...but the Europeans do it aswell. :D

But the coach is supposed to gel the team up, for all the salary he gets. In many one sided matches the coaches often mess up with tactics especially.

Back