• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some bad hosts here that have let me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you but I'd never follow up any recommendation from a host who just closed down. Grab your hosting at the right place!

I don't know about you but I'd never follow up any recommendation from a host who just closed down. Grab your hosting at the right place!

Agreed use a host that has been up atleast 8 - 12 months. Also check for reviews on the net.

The "new host" jg-systems.net is run by the same people as rentaserv.net and jehosts.com. Also I bet that no-one is really closing down, this is just an excuse. Rentaserv was closing down. But their still there and selling hosting and JEHosts are still selling as well... How interesting.

The "new host" jg-systems.net is run by the same people as rentaserv.net and jehosts.com. Also I bet that no-one is really closing down, this is just an excuse. Rentaserv was closing down. But their still there and selling hosting and JEHosts are still selling as well... How interesting.

Yes it is also the "old owner" John is advertising the "new" site. So i do agree.

DO NOT BUY FROM JEHOSTS, HE SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT FOR NOTHING AND HE WAS MAKING HIS TOS UP AS HE GOES ALONG..

He said that i can not get hosted because i didnt want to pay him after my 3 months were up.

do not go near jehosts.

When I first started out, I went with rentaserv.

I have many things that can be said about him/her (kurtis stocks).
1st of all she/he stole most of her customers of another company called belkihost, as she used to be one of their support people on msn. She broke their server then took all the email addresses and told them to move to her company.

Her website is stolen from another friend of mine: http://channelwebservices.com/

I have had much abbuse from her, including taking to me to court, threatening me with physical abbuse, even to the point she said she had a gun!

She has stolen money from me, that i never got back, and I fell into the trap of paying her more and more money :(

Then all of a sudden, I was told over msn, that her servers would go offline in a couple of hours. That gave me about 1 hour to do all my backups! Then my account was deleted and I was told that I had been transfered to jehosts, who then asked for even more money, which fortunately I never gave. All I received from jehosts was abbuse over msn.

Now I have dedicated servers, and I have had no problems since, my uptime has been 99.9% and all my customers have been polite with no problems.

Through all this I have leart allot of things about hosting, and who to trust and who not to.

My advice to everybody who is starting out as a hoster, dont buy hosting that is too cheap, you really do get what you pay for! Whatever you do, do not buy from rentaserv or jehosts!

1st of all she/he stole most of her customers of another company called belkihost, as she used to be one of their support people on msn. She broke their server then took all the email addresses and told them to move to her company.

Her website is stolen from another friend of mine: http://channelwebservices.com/

I have had much abbuse from her, including taking to me to court, threatening me with physical abbuse, even to the point she said she had a gun!

She has stolen money from me, that i never got back, and I fell into the trap of paying her more and more money :(

Then all of a sudden, I was told over msn, that her servers would go offline in a couple of hours. That gave me about 1 hour to do all my backups! Then my account was deleted and I was told that I had been transfered to jehosts, who then asked for even more money, which fortunately I never gave. All I received from jehosts was abbuse over msn.

Now I have dedicated servers, and I have had no problems since, my uptime has been 99.9% and all my customers have been polite with no problems.

Through all this I have leart allot of things about hosting, and who to trust and who not to.

My advice to everybody who is starting out as a hoster, dont buy hosting that is too cheap, you really do get what you pay for! Whatever you do, do not buy from rentaserv or jehosts!

Yes buy reliable hosting from somewhere such as webhosting.uk.com! Also Jehosts has moved yet again!

DO NOT BUY FROM JEHOSTS, HE SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT FOR NOTHING AND HE WAS MAKING HIS TOS UP AS HE GOES ALONG..

He said that i can not get hosted because i didnt want to pay him after my 3 months were up.

do not go near jehosts.

Nice post, you made your point perfectly clear. :evilb:

Personally,

I don't think that it is fair that you say for a host to receive credibility that they have to be around for 8-12 months.

Before even thinking of moving to the web I had a local business where I provided my clients with IT solutions, and I had local servers for them for there hosting / sites. My customers persuaded me to go about getting into the webhosting business because they said there should be more companies like me.

There should be an age restriction, simply for the fact that I know at 14-16 i was in high school, and those were probably the most irresponsible times of my life and I know I at that time I rather party then run a business then work.

You have to be frank - Unless your company is going to be a full time thing, don't get into it. Stick to Mc Donalds, they are always hiring.

Unlimited Bandwidth

Unlimited Bandwidth can be true if you had like a billion datacenters but that would be unlikley.
Cheers:beer:

Personally,

I don't think that it is fair that you say for a host to receive credibility that they have to be around for 8-12 months.

Before even thinking of moving to the web I had a local business where I provided my clients with IT solutions, and I had local servers for them for there hosting / sites. My customers persuaded me to go about getting into the webhosting business because they said there should be more companies like me.

There should be an age restriction, simply for the fact that I know at 14-16 i was in high school, and those were probably the most irresponsible times of my life and I know I at that time I rather party then run a business then work.

You have to be frank - Unless your company is going to be a full time thing, don't get into it. Stick to Mc Donalds, they are always hiring.

Yes however i started webhosting at the age of 15. I remember starting really small and gradually growing untill i got to 18, then i suddenly lost all interest and would rather go clubbing. At 19 i am not trying to get back into the business. But it will be a few months before i decide to open up karhost or karlshare again.

Kurtis is a boys name, therefore it would be he/his. =P

i agree with you buddy Jehost is full of crap always downtime and also super very unreliable i guess they have closed down thou :D

also rentaserv please dont use them on the first i have bought a package on them that costs £15 then after 15 days they deleted my account for no reason damn T_T .

Last edited:
They are so rubbish, they told me twice that they were closing down, and I asked them both today if they were and they tried to sell me hosting even though they are closing down (Not likely)

Okay i think its time to lock this up, especially with the size 100 font post ;) (i know not really 100 but hey ;)).

There are no problems posting your opinions regarding on host, and people leaving there opinions as well, but this is now getting to page 4, and its starting to get slowly off track. Lets lock it up, I think everyone understands the point you were making and I think everyone will be more careful now.

Okay i think its time to lock this up, especially with the size 100 font post ;) (i know not really 100 but hey ;)).

There are no problems posting your opinions regarding on host, and people leaving there opinions as well, but this is now getting to page 4, and its starting to get slowly off track. Lets lock it up, I think everyone understands the point you were making and I think everyone will be more careful now.

I agree thanks to everyone who contributed and now can a mod please close!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back