• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Something strange going on, any ideas?

Stan

OK, so a client signed up with a different name than the one on their paypal account so i questioned them and got no reply. I suspended their account in WHMCS until i get an answer from them but their account doesn't seem to be suspended :S
I have looked in WHM and the account is in the list of suspended accounts yet i can still access their site and accounts they have created.

I have tried everything i can think of, yet it still doesn't seem to be suspended when it is in fact suspended in both WHMCS and WHM.

Any ideas? It's really got me confused.

a) They are hosted elsewhere
b) There's a bug in WHM so upgrade to the latest

I think this might be a fraud order...
The domain WAS pointing to my server, now its one of those stupid parked domain things not even hosted on my server.

They paid for a year though, total $205. I know if i had paid that much and had been suspended i would want to know what was going on.
It didn't feel right from the start.

No, it sounds like he's hosting something illegal, really fishy. If I were you, I would find out what it is as soon as possible.

I think this might be a fraud order...
The domain WAS pointing to my server, now its one of those stupid parked domain things not even hosted on my server.

They paid for a year though, total $205. I know if i had paid that much and had been suspended i would want to know what was going on.
It didn't feel right from the start.

You have the contact details from PayPal right? Make a phone call and verify the transaction.

The DNS isn't being changed from the account created, go in through WHM and check the account DNS zone.

Probably redirecting as they've been done before. Is it possible that DNS resolution is still there and you have cached the site/address?

On the bright side you've got cash :D

It's fine to say he has cash but if it is Fraud, then chances are he won't have it for much longer.

My first charge back... heh, obviously a stolen credit card.
Out of everyone they could go for, why me? Now im in debt to paypal lol, this is going to be fun. They are never easy to deal with.

Did you get a chargeback?
Ah well. It happens dude. Just gotta take it on the chin.

Well, i am assuming so. All i know is i logged into my paypal and got a rediculous message saying 'oops, it appears you owe us money' and theres a dispute between me and paypal. Surely they could give a better explanation than that?

Since i am in negative funds, owing paypal just short of $50, i am assuming a chargeback.

Well, i am assuming so. All i know is i logged into my paypal and got a rediculous message saying 'oops, it appears you owe us money' and theres a dispute between me and paypal. Surely they could give a better explanation than that?

Since i am in negative funds, owing paypal just short of $50, i am assuming a chargeback.

Well, you would have gotten an email explaining all of this and also stating if there was a chargeback. Did you get any e-mail? Check your spam folders etc. If not, contact PayPal and ask them what's going on.

paypal email said:
One of the benefits of using PayPal is that we make every effort to alertyou to potentially problematic transactions. Our goal is to help you makesound business decisions. From time to time, we request additional information about PayPal payments.This is a security measure meant to protect you from problem transactions. We would like to learn more about this transaction. Please log in to yourPayPal account and provide some information. We strongly advise that you do not send the item until our investigation iscomplete. If you have already sent the item, please log in and let us knowwhere you sent it. We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until the investigation iscomplete.

Doesnt mention anything about a chargeback :S Ill have to give them a call in the morning.

Ah.. Always a sticky situation. I got a charge back as well a while ago. Good new was that it was charged-back quickly (as soon as he paid), but bad news was I couldn't get my service fee back.

You should have refunded the money back to the client as soon as you smelt the fish.

That would have avoided this whole mess.

Good luck getting your paypal account back, from experiance, your going to need all the luck you can get.

All the details should be in the Dispute Consol Stan, log into PP and look there. You should also get your chance to reply if appropriate.

Back