• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Soundcard

deathdemon321

right i'm back being ultimately confused about everything i do with my computer.....but whatever.

I'm confused how to get sound working on my comp i just had the motherboard redone and i added a new hd and reinstalled the os so everythings new. Do i need audio drivers? and if i do how do i figure out what to do download?

thanks to anyone that can help me i'll provide more information if its needed to help me.

hopelessly clueless,
deathdemon

You had the motherboard redone? Meaning you got a new one?

Do you have a soundcard or onboard sound?

Go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers for it.

You should have a motherboard driver CD. It will contain the driver. Just pop it in.

Which makes absolutely no difference since the motherboard's drivers should have a copy of the audio driver. It's on the motherboard (the onboard sound), it needs to communicate with the board, and so the drivers are specialized. Use your head.

If you have onboard audio then you ALWAYS get audio drivers on your motherboard disc. Trust me I've built 3 computers and repaired 5, I know these things :D

Back