• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sponsor My Clan Please

CarbonPhybeR

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here hosts servers for Counter-Strike: Source, or Ventrilo servers and would like to sponsor my Clan, Single Shot. We are not looking for money, but instead a private server (Chicago), and/or a Ventrilo server that we could put to good use and attract customers to your business at the same time. If you do decide to sponsor us we will put banners for your company on our website, our CSS server, in our IRC channel, we will refer people to your business and even wear t-shirts with your companies logo on them at LAN's or CAL. Here is some information about our clan:

This season we are going CAL-O and for many of us it is the first time but for some players it is their second or third time in CAL-O and we also have 2 CAL-M reform players. We also have 3 more talented players lined up to join our team next time the rosters unlock. Most of our players range from age 15-18 but we do have a few in the 20's so we still have a long career ahead of us and we hope to do CAL many many times and do better every time. Also I am a decent coder and know some html and I know very well how the servers work so if you do decide to sponsor us you will not need to do maintenance as I can do that. If anyone is interested in sponsoring us please reply to this thread or if you like, send me an e-mail at david31@telus.net.

{ss} CarbonPhybeR [LDR]

Let me ask you a few questions...
Name:
Biggest comp your team has ever been in:
Could you put any money toward the server (i.e. a partial sponsorship):
If so, how much per month:
You claim to be a decent coder, what programming languages do you know?
What is your experiance level with each.
You claim you are good with servers, what do you like more Telnet or SSH.
hopefully this did not sound attacking. It was not meant in that way. I may be interested in helping you out.
Chris

Name: David Engel
Biggest comp your team has ever been in: Cal so far as we have only been around for 4-5 months ish but I am looking into some LANS.
Could you put any money toward the server (i.e. a partial sponsorship): I might be able to, I am planning on selling admin on our TF2 server so if that happens I could donate anywhere from 5-30 bucks a month probably.
You claim to be a decent coder, what programming languages do you know? I know some C++ and have done some coding on VB but I am not super experianced. I am hoping to take some classes in each. Also HTML I am fairly good at.
What is your experiance level with each: Took a short C++ course and just fool around with it. Mostly learned HTML on my own but I am decent at it.
You claim you are good with servers, what do you like more Telnet or SSH. What I meant was I am good with servers was that I am good at setting up Vent and Game servers like installing mods, setting up the files, etc... and that I know all the rcon commands. I meant that I am good at setting up, using and installing things on servers.

That was not too attacking and I understand that you wanted to know more about me if you are going to sponsor. Also with the partial sponsorship, I am getting a job in a few days so I will know more about how much, if any, that I can donate towards the server.

Also one quick note. I said Chicago in the original post as the server location if possible. I was wondering though if we could find one in Seattle or LA instead as that is closer to most of the members. The reason I said Chicago was because we had a few eastern members so I thought a central location would be best but those members have left the clan to find one in the east so now a western server would be preferable.

Back