• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ssh + fcgi

host-xl

hey,
I (one of the staff team at host-xl.co.cc) need some features our host cannot offer, that is why I request them here.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • ssh with a .bash_profile
  • fcgi
  • 1 domain (.com / .net) 0.83$/month
  • python (mod_python)
  • .htaccess
  • 500 MB space
  • 5 GB traffic
  • 1 mysql database
  • cpanel

and the option that I only pay if you at least 99% uptime !

That is all so far cheapest offer wins, or tell me why I should pay more for your service. (But do not tell me you offer a lot more services, I do not need more.)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS !

MiloFi Hosting could provide you with the following Custom Package for your needs:

500MB Space
5GB Bandwidth
Unlimited "Features"
Unlimited Addon Domains!
$0.39/Month

We seem to meet your requirements. However, the domain can't be purchased monthly since we have to pay annually. We can however give you a discounted domain and provide a .com or .net for $6.29 per annual year. If interested in this domain and/or the Hosting package, please contact me on this forum or on the Contact page. We accept Paypal, Moneybookers, E-Gold and Google Checkout.

MiloFi Hosting has had zero negative reviews. We make sure that all Customers are happy by providing quick and efficient Support, which makes us proud to tell everyone. You can see some of the Testimonials we've received from our Testimonials Page.

We already host many other members on Free Web Space, you could be the next one.

You won't be disappointed.

I'm slightly confused by your request, you want fcgi but then you also want mod_python, which doesn't use fcgi.

I guess what I'm getting at is why do you need both, because if you run mod_python its kinda pointless to run fcgi as mod_python is pretty much the same thing.... However if you need fcgi for perl or php that would make more sence....

So you have python and fcgi as well as ssh ?

I'm slightly confused by your request, you want fcgi but then you also want mod_python, which doesn't use fcgi.
sure it does not, but combining the power of both is what makes big sides run fast. Each side has kind of content that is always the same, therefore fcgi was developed to speed up the requests and other content is only for one costumer so mod_python is the fastest solution. You see it is quite useful to have both.

sure it does not, but combining the power of both is what makes big sides run fast. Each side has kind of content that is always the same, therefore fcgi was developed to speed up the requests and other content is only for one costumer so mod_python is the fastest solution. You see it is quite useful to have both.

I guess where I failed to understand is a request can only be severed by either mod_python or an fcgi process, I can understand however if you want some requests to be handled by mod_python and some by python-fcgi. Makes more sence to me now :)

So you have python and fcgi as well as ssh ?

Yes, both mod_python and fcgi are installed.

Edit: And SSH too, obviously.

Our $2.49 plan does not come with SSH.

20% OFF coupon = 20OFF

5 GB Space
75 GB Bandwidth
UNLIMITED Domains, Databases, Emails, FTP, Etc
cPanel & Fantastico
24/7 Live Support & Tickets
99.9% Uptime Guarenteed
Fast Intel Xeon Quad core servers
Great value
$4.99/mo - with "20OFF" coupon, only $3.99!
www.servebyte.com

Last edited:
Our $2.49 plan does not come with SSH.

YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS !

Yes, both mod_python and fcgi are installed.

Edit: And SSH too, obviously.

I am going to keep an eye on your hosting can you tell me a bit more, what servers are you using ? how many users on one server ? reliability ? money back guaranty ?

does ssh (jailed of course) include a personal .bash_profile ?

The fact that it doesn't come with SSH lol

I said: Our $2.49 plan does not come with SSH.
Our other plans - e.g. $3.99 for 5GB Space, 75 GB Bandwidth (with 20OFF coupon) come with SSH... We have a website for a reason :lol:

Milofi, $0.39/Month - I assume theres a hidden setup fee not mentioned here? Paypal will take 2.9% and 30 cents away from that, leaving you with a few pennies.

I said: Our $2.49 plan does not come with SSH.
Our other plans - e.g. $3.99 for 5GB Space, 75 GB Bandwidth (with 20OFF coupon) come with SSH... We have a website for a reason :lol:

Sorry for miss understanding, it is just your offer seemed to be too good to be true ;) So I am interested in your mini reseller package do you offer all the features for those (and does this include jailed ssh for each of my customers ? ) And again the same questions what servers are you using and how many clients per server.

Milofi, $0.39/Month - I assume theres a hidden setup fee not mentioned here? Paypal will take 2.9% and 30 cents away from that, leaving you with a few pennies.

it depends what kind of paypal you take

if you take the personal then you keep the 0.39$

if you take bussniss then you dont keep anything anymore ( -0.30$ per trans)

and if you take the premium then you even lose money ( -XX dont know how mutch , but its a lot more )

so , it depends again what package you got on paypall :)

Greets From The Crasher

Back