• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Staff Wanted....

wilcouk

hey i need some staff, if anyone is intrested in helping me maintain my website please email me on wi1co@hotmail.com or post in my forums http://www.gameplay4u.com/phpbb2 here are the jobs availble

Article Writer - Write Articles On The Main Page (about games or software or your recommendations for what to buy tell them about why you recommended it etc..) must be able to do at least 1 article a week
3 Places

Cheat Finder - Find Cheats For Xbox, GameCube, PC and Playstation 2/Playstation
8 places (2 for each console)

Game Reviewer - Review Games on the Xbox, Gamecube, PC and Playstation 2 Playstation have your own personalised Avatar
8 places (2 for each console)

Moderators - Mod The Forums must log on every 2 days
(5 places or more)

if you think you can help me out with and other things then email me plz thank u

Best way to do it is get content then ask people. If people really like your site they will flock to the jobs for free.

First things first Wilcouk... you have way too many forums under each category on your website.

People won't join because it looks bare and too specific... I recommend you keep your forums brief...

Just have something like:

Announcements
General Chat
Suggestions and Feedback
Console Forums
Game Support

Start off with a few then build on it, when you receive more members. I still remember the guy with 64 forums and 7 members. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

lol ok i cut it down, you will all recive a free yes a *FREE* chicken sandwich.....how bout that for a offer.....lol nar really outer your good hearts to help make the site big and once i get ads and get money coming in then payment could b sorted

Yup, much better now Wilcouk... :biggrin2:

I have registered but still yet to post something... :biggrin2:

ah thanks for signing up cheers m8, is there a way when something is posted i get notified by it? and also how can i change the colours of the phpbb forum/

Originally posted by wilcouk
ah thanks for signing up cheers m8, is there a way when something is posted i get notified by it? and also how can i change the colours of the phpbb forum/

No problem... wilcouk... I think you can set it in the admin panel?

kbc if you could sign up again, i changed the whole lay out now, i installed phpbb plus so it looks bit better now

Sure I'll sign up... it looks kinda wide now the forums... :confused2

(...use IPB... ^_^)

EDIT: Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Last edited:
i changed styles alot, im trying 2 set it up again usualy i got my provider to set it up but now there pissed because i keep asking them to help me set it up and now they want money if they set it up again, so now i gotta configure the database by myself now.... but i dont hav a clue how to doit really! does ne1 know?

i changed styles alot, im trying 2 set it up again usualy i got my provider to set it up but now there pissed because i keep asking them to help me set it up and now they want money if they set it up again, so now i gotta configure the database by myself now.... but i dont hav a clue how to doit really! does ne1 know?

What do you mean by setting up a database?

If you mean setting up a database so that you can install a PHPBB or Invision Power Board... then I can help...

Do you mean, you don't know how to create a database in CPanel ?

i dont know how to setup a invasion board because thats different to phpbb2 ?

Huh? Let me rephrase... What problems are you having? If you could post up the problems you are having with installing a forum... I could help you and write a simple step by step. :biggrin2: Please also specify the forum you wan't to install.

well at the moment im having problems with the php forums i keep gettin a "An error occurred trying to update the database
Table 'phpbb_auth_access' already exists"

well at the moment im having problems with the php forums i keep gettin a "An error occurred trying to update the database
Table 'phpbb_auth_access' already exists"

If you don't need those tables you should delete them or create a new database.

Was "phpbb_auth_access" apart of the old PHPBB install? If you're performing a new install, you should specify another table prefix, else just delete all the tables from the old PHPBB install. :biggrin2: And it should work...

Well Done! :biggrin2: However the post indicators and the header logo does not show up...

Back